[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

6 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Many things I'm thankful for yesterday. 

Superb job coaching. Game plan was perfect and players executed to the game plan. 

Boeser and our top guys start the season hot. 

Confidence and belief is such an important part of the game. 

The boys will buy in to what RT is selling. I mean they scored 4 pts each and won. They saw immediate rewards which means they'll continue to listen and do what RT says. 

We played well despite not having Soucy and Mik. We will only get better. 

Who draws out when Soucy comes in? Is it both Hirose and Juulsen and do we see Mcward come in? What are their natural sides? 

Yesterday was the best thing to happen to the guys in a long time. 

Also we were able to save Demko early. What a warrior battling the flu. Completely outplayed Campbell and Skinner 

I think Hirose will stay; Soucy will jump into 2nd pair LHD. Cole will bump over to RHD with Hughes, Myers to the 3rd pair. I actually don't mind that group.

Hughes-Cole

Soucy-Hronek

Hirose-Myers

3 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Mcangry?

I actually like playing McAngry. Its high octane with lots of chances, but with tons of giveaways. Collapse in the middle like they did last night, and exploit the aggression. Their D sucks without Ekholm; Bouchard has no place in teh NHL beyond the PP. After a period with no fruit, him and Driasatl get pissy and take stupid penalties. Draisatl is like clockwork in this fashion.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

What a magic game....

So pleased for Brock... if anyone needed a bit of cheering up. This may be start of something special for him this season.

Besides the top lines playing like top lines and scoring for fun, it was great to see all the newcomers play like they've been on this team for years. Great pick ups by FA... 

PK massively improved.

Finally, Hirose could turn out to be something magical... He seems so composed in his play and except for a few times.

Keep this up, and they will still be playing come play offs time.... Great stuff 🙂 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Superb job coaching. Game plan was perfect and players executed to the game plan. 

Boeser and our top guys start the season hot. 

Confidence and belief is such an important part of the game. 

The boys will buy in to what RT is selling. I mean they scored 4 pts each and won. They saw immediate rewards which means they'll continue to listen and do what RT says. 

REALLY noticed this along the boards last night, which is something RT has been pounding into the teams head. 'Win the battles along the boards!" and I think they did

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, brownky said:

I'm more concerned about how many spears and slashes Draisaitl will be dishing out.

I freely admit that McDavid is probably the best player in the league, but WOW does he get whiny when things don't come easy to him.

His comments about the Canucks PP were just odd. Dude, you and your BFF caused the PP, wake up

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1. realistically, it's only one game, or was that only game one?

2. this blow out only makes a difference IF we DON'T get blown out on Saturday. ( I'd bet we lose on Sat. just hoping that it's close )

3. why didn't someone ask Connor ---" why are you so pissy? "

4. back to C M. he's upset that we sent out our 1st PP unit @ 6-1.... as if the Oilers wouldn't do the same thing to run up the score. I'll give him a pass on his comments on us changing goalies, as he probably didn't know about Demko's illness.

5. the Oilers showed their lack of professionalism with all their whacks and hacks. Glad the stripes called them and even more glad that we made them pay for it on the score sheet.

6. Petey could've been called for charging on his hit on Cici... but I'm glad he didn't. 

7. 80-90% of all the 'experts' on the TSN panel have the Oilers winning the cup this year... ain't going to happen with this defence/goaltending. 

8. See you Saturday night ...hmmm calls for pizza night me thinks

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, WSAcanuck said:

Some really pretty passes and offensive plays but what was really noticeable to me was an effective forecheck, quicker and more accurate shooting even through traffic instead of waiting for the perfect shot, and players going hard to - and stopping - at the net and getting in position to screen effectively. Those things made a huge difference. 

And it felt like every time Edmonton entered our zone, all our players were already back and swarmed. Gave Edmonton 0 space.

• Upvote 1