[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

1. realistically, it's only one game, or was that only game one?

2. this blow out only makes a difference IF we DON'T get blown out on Saturday. ( I'd bet we lose on Sat. just hoping that it's close )

3. why didn't someone ask Connor ---" why are you so pissy? "

4. back to C M. he's upset that we sent out our 1st PP unit @ 6-1.... as if the Oilers wouldn't do the same thing to run up the score. I'll give him a pass on his comments on us changing goalies, as he probably didn't know about Demko's illness.

5. the Oilers showed their lack of professionalism with all their whacks and hacks. Glad the stripes called them and even more glad that we made them pay for it on the score sheet.

6. Petey could've been called for charging on his hit on Cici... but I'm glad he didn't. 

7. 80-90% of all the 'experts' on the TSN panel have the Oilers winning the cup this year... ain't going to happen with this defence/goaltending. 

8. See you Saturday night ...hmmm calls for pizza night me thinks

Thing is that RT gave extended time to 2nd PP and fringe players on the PPs in the 3rd. Problem; with only 11 skating fwds, his options become limited. Personally, Iliked seeing them score, given it was Draisatl being his whiny self when down.

That Oilers team has no composure not discipline under old Weirdo Woodcroft. If they were serious about winning, they'd bring in a vet coach like RT and implement a defensive system. With the ridiculous talent on that team, they'd still dominate, but not need to score 5 a night to have a chance.

6 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

From the Edmonton Journal and it pisses me off:

‘It’s just one game, and one game in early October doesn’t mean anything, but, man, did they look stale and detached. Remember, this was the Vancouver Canucks, not the Carolina Hurricanes or Toronto Maple Leafs, that undressed them on national television.”

i want the Canucks to get more respect than that.

We're a "team like that" remember?

What an amazing game.

Coming off a 8 goal performance, the coaches and players are talking about defense especially from our forwards.

Sticks were everywhere breaking up plays, getting ahead of the oilers to the boards and winning those battles, solid PK structure,  and zero or very few odd man rushes.

We gave them the D Zone on the outside but clogged up the middle.

Text book D game with a couple AHLers!

Thought PDG, Rafferty, Garland, and Dakota really set the pace getting on top of their D as well.

Oilers will be fuming on Saturday so hopefully we can keep calm in the D zone and make em pay!

The McDRI twin babys will be starting their tantrums early.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

‘It’s just one game, and one game in early October doesn’t mean anything, but, man, did they look stale and detached. Remember, this was the Vancouver Canucks, not the Carolina Hurricanes or Toronto Maple Leafs, that undressed them on national television.”

We have to earn it.

28 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Thing is that RT gave extended time to 2nd PP and fringe players on the PPs in the 3rd. Problem; with only 11 skating fwds, his options become limited. Personally, Iliked seeing them score, given it was Draisatl being his whiny self when down.

That Oilers team has no composure not discipline under old Weirdo Woodcroft. If they were serious about winning, they'd bring in a vet coach like RT and implement a defensive system. With the ridiculous talent on that team, they'd still dominate, but not need to score 5 a night to have a chance.

they'll never be ABLE to play a defensive system as their top 4 paid players CAN'T /WON"T play defence .

32 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Latest reports are Demko has puked again after reading this, slight case of diarrhea. The team has reportedly printed this quote onto 100 rolls of fresh Downy toilet paper for him.