[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Who draws out when Soucy comes in? Is it both Hirose and Juulsen and do we see Mcward come in? What are their natural sides? 

Hirose is a LD and Juulsen is a RD. Soucy can play both, but is a natural LD. It's likely that Hirose gets sent back to Abby if Soucy is ready. My feeling is that Soucy will be about a week to recover, but Mikheyev might be in for next game. The interesting conundrum is what to do if Blueger and MIkheyev are both back for game 2. Which forward goes down? I think all of our guys might be waiver eligible. Maybe I'm miscounting and we can just have 13 forwards with a healthy scratch and not worry about waiving anyone.

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

From the Edmonton Journal and it pisses me off:

‘It’s just one game, and one game in early October doesn’t mean anything, but, man, did they look stale and detached. Remember, this was the Vancouver Canucks, not the Carolina Hurricanes or Toronto Maple Leafs, that undressed them on national television.”

i want the Canucks to get more respect than that.

The Edmonton Journal isn't a respectable news source, so no loss, stevie. 

Disciplined and structured. Sticking to the staples. The young guns are maturing - Petey, Boeser, Hughes

I wonder if MIN is kicking themselves for not trading for Boeser.

Canucks laid a beat-down on a Cup contender. How good can this team be if they're healthy? (with Soucy, Mikheyev and Blueger)

Canucks have a killer tandem in net. Hello William Jennings.

Previous Canucks regimes we would see the Canucks get a lead and then sit back and try to defend. A collapse usually followed. Not the 2023 Canucks though. It was constant attack, but it was also responsible - Great defensive game.  I love this new brand of Canucks hockey.

This is the team folks. Buckle up. 🥳

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, WSAcanuck said:

Does he know how many times Edmonton has put him and Draisaitl out on their pp when they are blowing other teams out?

”They should go easy on us in that situation cause boo hoo whine whine”

No kidding. Man, I would pay money to see a clean, mid ice, hard body check, on this goof. Him and Drais are entitled beeches.

‘It’s just one game, and one game in early October doesn’t mean anything, but, man, did they look stale and detached. Remember, this was the Vancouver Canucks, not the Carolina Hurricanes or Toronto Maple Leafs, that undressed them on national television.”

We will, we will.

• Upvote 1

I've had issues with the Oilers and the Love in for this group for awhile now. I listen to NHL Network a lot and the number of guys picking them to win the cup is laughable. That D? That defense? Please. They are good, but leave it as a good pick to make the postseason is fine. Also, the Oilers constant diving will bite them. Similar to post 2011 Canucks who were reputed floppers and couldn't get calls. Book it, this will happen to this shameless group as well. Refs don't like being embarrassed and will catch on. 

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I've had issues with the Oilers and the Love in for this group for awhile now. I listen to NHL Network a lot and the number of guys picking them to win the cup is laughable. That D? That defense? Please. They are good, but leave it as a good pick to make the postseason is fine. Also, the Oilers constant diving will bite them. Similar to post 2011 Canucks who were reputed floppers and couldn't get calls. Book it, this will happen to this shameless group as well. Refs don't like being embarrassed and will catch on. 

My money is on the Canes,Rado even Dallas over the Coil for cup favourite this year . Like you said Oils D isn’t good aside from Ekholm. Their goalie tandem is definitely no Lu/Schneiderman dynamic duo.  

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1