[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

Great team game!! Love that it's "the little things" that seem to be stabilizing the group. Forecheck, winning battles on the boards, puck support, and adhering to it all game. The PK looked good, no getting hemmed in their own zone, no "one and done" offensive entries, PP was lethal! 

Being up all game and being short a fwd contributed, but it was nice to see pretty evenly distributed ice time!! Let's see how it all looks on the road without last change, but last night was very encouraging!!

Any word on Garland?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We just looked like a much better, much more disciplined team. Hopefully Boeser can maintain form and continue to realize his potential after so many struggles. We need everyone to be their best.

The team did look much more disciplined in nearly every facet of the game. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

From the Edmonton Journal and it pisses me off:

‘It’s just one game, and one game in early October doesn’t mean anything, but, man, did they look stale and detached. Remember, this was the Vancouver Canucks, not the Carolina Hurricanes or Toronto Maple Leafs, that undressed them on national television.”

i want the Canucks to get more respect than that.

Hey if it means losing to us hurts their ego even more, I don't mind. 

• Cheers 1

The key now will be consistency. If we play the same way we did tonight and against Calgary I think we'll be top 3 in the division easily. I think Edmonton weren't on their game for sure but we can beat any team in the league playing this way.

Injuries and consistency now, that'd key for our season. I think we've got structure, execution and coaching/goaltending down pat.

Without getting too ahead of ourselves here, this is how teams in the 2nd round of the playoffs and deeper play...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Demko has won every game where he's thrown up in his mask this season, if we can find a way to make him throw up every game we'll win the cup 

Channeling his inner Glenn Hall.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Venture said:

Great team game!! Love that it's "the little things" that seem to be stabilizing the group. Forecheck, winning battles on the boards, puck support, and adhering to it all game. The PK looked good, no getting hemmed in their own zone, no "one and done" offensive entries, PP was lethal! 

Being up all game and being short a fwd contributed, but it was nice to see pretty evenly distributed ice time!! Let's see how it all looks on the road without last change, but last night was very encouraging!!

Are you trying to trigger my PTSD?

Any word on Garland?

He came back late in the game, so I don't think there was anything wrong--maybe just a short term feeling sick or an equipment issue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

From the Edmonton Journal and it pisses me off:

‘It’s just one game, and one game in early October doesn’t mean anything, but, man, did they look stale and detached. Remember, this was the Vancouver Canucks, not the Carolina Hurricanes or Toronto Maple Leafs, that undressed them on national television.”

i want the Canucks to get more respect than that.

That’s what you call bulletin board gold

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

What a stupid comment

How so? Fans hate both of them and are trying to get rid of them, both have agents that were allowed to work out trades....Why not hope for some picks and good vibes for the scapegoats?

Apparently the sarcasm of it was lost on you as I've cheered both and defended them non stop 

Edited by ScottyBoy