[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

41 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Got home late from a long road trip, and didn't watch the game until this morning.  Was worried, when I popped into the forum by accident, and only saw about 15 pages in PGT well over an hour after the game was done.  Thought the count too low, and figured our boys blew it.  Awesome to see the real thing!

Man, Kurtenbach is a big dude.  The good ol days!!

Shoulda had Boeser out on the PP, especially after Pissy Leon's slash.  Someone deserved a million last night.

Hey Science!!!  Can we clone Bouchard and have him play for all the other teams?  Please?

Oh, and shame on Sportsnet for not having the local broadcast team do the home opener.  At least the Soilers didn't give them much to cheer about!

Isn't it the opposite the crappier result the longer the threads are? 

Edited by iinatcc

28 minutes ago, Mordekai said:

If you listen to Riccio and Shah on 650 they say good things about the Canucks all the time. Riccio even thinks Canucks will finish 3rd in Pacific prior to the season opener. Those other clowns like Drance and H&Brough yea i don't even bother listening to them. 
Years ago H&B made fun of Hronek while he was playing for redwings. They didn't know him and they made a stupid joke about him. Years later Hronek is on our team and the best partner Hughes ever played with.

Yes, Riccio and Shaw are the only guys I like,

• Like 1

is Eddie V Boesers best friend here?

I took Boeser in my fantasy pool this year over some pretty good players and it was a make or break pick for me this season.

Its my last year giving him my full support runway.

And I've been critical of him this summer and last year.

And of what he showed on his socials, but looks like he was actually training hard, he was committed and he has made a change and you can see the result.

He looked so good. I am so happy for him and hope to see it continue and for him to stay healthy all year.

Great story, great feeling, and great for our team

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

What a whine.... how about you focus on your own shit team. 
It'll make it so much more fun, when the boys beat them again on Saturday. 

That is a hilarious interview. Not sure I'd want him leading our team, as great of a player that he is. 

At least Miller or Hughes would come right out and say we stunk and show some emotion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Isn't it the opposite the crappier result the longer the threads are? 

It certainly can be, but I've also seen it be cricketsin here after a real stinker, perhaps mostly with people being tired of the negativity. 

I just figured a first rate whuppin' on opening day against the already-crowned champs of the West woulda been meant it was busier in here.  I haven't read any of it yet... I'm sure there's some fun reading to be had :towel:

1 hour ago, Strawbone said:

Too much optimism in here! Tone it down folks!

If we can beat an angry and motivated Oilers squad on Saturday, then we can start planning the parade.

I'll be happy even if it's a good competitive game and we lose. Edmonton is going to come out flying.

Will I be surprised if it's 8-1 Oilers? Yeah, but not entirely. Way too early to have a good read on the Canucks this year, but my sense is things really are different. I don't expect a lot of blown leads or blowout scores. I just feel like beating Edmonton in their home opener is too much to ask as a jaded Canucks fan!

You are of course right that it is too early for all the optimism and that Edmonton will have a lot of pushback on Saturday, so that will be a big test of whether the Canucks are for real.

But, that said, the 8-1 home opener against McDavid and Oilers was the most satisfying Canuck game for a lot of fans in at least 3 years. So let's enjoy it while we can. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Love McDavid's game, and Draisaitl's. But man, the crying is so not cool. I hate when people say you should let off the gas. I say this all the time, I get I only ever played super low level sports. But if anyone ever "let up" on me I'd feel more embarrassed than getting my teeth kicked in. It's like saying I am not worth your best effort. If you don't want to get shit kicked, play better. Flat out. And maybe, don't take dirty shots at the opposing player.

Not only that, but goal differential can decide playoff positioning so it's in a team's best interest to rack up goals. 

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Also, shame on Sportsnet for not having the local broadcast team on their home opener.

Agree completely. On the Garland goal, it took about 5 minutes before they even noticed that Pettersson had made a great pass to Garland. They did not call the play well and I think they initially misattributed the pass to Hughes.

(I was at the game but recorded it and re-watched a lot of it later.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

The pressure is really all on Edmonton this Saturday. They just got their butts kicked 8-1 by the team they have to face again. It's their home-opener, and the reliance on McDavid and Draisaitl is immense. With that goaltending. Even watching McDavid's after game interview, he seemed speechless. Like he didn't know what the hell just happened. He doesn't have an answer for what the Canucks just did to his team. Must've been a quiet flight home.

What wise words of wisdom will Connie deliver to lift up his team with? My guess is he doesn't have the words. The Canucks are going into their building on a mission and that is to crush the Oil, again. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Got home late from a long road trip, and didn't watch the game until this morning.  Was worried, when I popped into the forum by accident, and only saw about 15 pages in PGT well over an hour after the game was done.  Thought the count too low, and figured our boys blew it.  Awesome to see the real thing!

Post counts are likely higher with losses than wins. More arguing.

• Cheers 1