[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

Really, its Wolanin that I was shocked cleared waivers. 

And I dont understand why Soucy was a good pickup except for his size. But I have seen Myers hit 4 times as many guys, block 8 times as many shots, and play 20+ minutes but everyone complains that we are paying twice as much for Myers and everyone is happy with Soucy?

Age?

Look it up!!!! he aint no Hughes.

6 minutes ago, Tusk said:

And I dont understand why Soucy was a good pickup except for his size. But I have seen Myers hit 4 times as many guys, block 8 times as many shots, and play 20+ minutes but everyone complains that we are paying twice as much for Myers and everyone is happy with Soucy?

Age?

He doesn't have to be Hughes. If he plays like Willie Mitchell or Tanev Light I'm fine with that. He was playing very well until he got injured.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Despite 1 point in 1 game this season. His best season was 2020-21.

Not many teams have even $1.1 million in cap space.

I find it highly unlikely he'd be taken on waivers.

A team like San Jose would take Hoglander in a heartbeat 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He doesn't have to be Hughes. If he plays like Willie Mitchell or Tanev Light I'm fine with that. He was playing very well until he got injured.

I didnt see him at all. I saw Myers and Cole do everything. Cole and Hughes do everything. Heronic and Soucy sucked balls and fucked up and you cant put that on Heronic.

Wednesday night Julleson and that other AHL guy did better than Soucy

9 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Age?

Soucy NHL carrier +/- is   +61

Myers NHL carrier +/- is   -05

Kinda sums it up. 

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Age?

Myers barely hits anyone. Soucy is far better at using his size to take away time and space and deliver a timely hit. Chaos Giraffe just wildly flies around the ice and makes huge gaffes in his own end. All teams need players like Soucy who can make the ice feel smaller to the opposition. #57 did have 50 more blocked shots last year though. Personally I was surprised he had that many, usually he's great at screening his own goalie.

I didnt see him at all. I saw Myers and Cole do everything. Cole and Hughes do everything. Heronic and Soucy sucked balls and fucked up and you cant put that on Heronic.

Wednesday night Julleson and that other AHL guy did better than Soucy

A sign of a good defenceman is when they are doing their job, and you don't notice them.

I like Juulsen and I'm rooting for the guy, but to say he and Hirose were better? You can see the potential. They just lack experience. But I'd hardly say they are "better".  I think you are drinking the 'haterade" on Soucy for some reason.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Myers barely hits anyone. Soucy is far better at using his size to take away time and space and deliver a timely hit. Chaos Giraffe just wildly flies around the ice and makes huge gaffes in his own end. All teams need players like Soucy who can make the ice feel smaller to the opposition. #57 did have 50 more blocked shots last year though. Personally I was surprised he had that many, usually he's great at screening his own goalie.

Yeah no one is paying attention they just listen to Freedman/Shorthouse.

And just because a floater guy has a great plus/minus doesnt mean he actually contributes or plays against the top lines, or 1st PK unit. 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

A sign of a good defenceman is when they are doing their job, and you don't notice them.

I like Juulsen and I'm rooting for the guy, but to say he and Hirose were better? You can see the potential. They just lack experience. But I'd hardly say they are "better".  I think you are drinking the 'haterade" on Soucy for some reason.

No, I just see his cap hit and then we get someone like Lafferty for a third of the cap hit and wonder why we all just think Soucy is great? just because our D looked bad and disorganized?

Soucy needs to be more like Schenn was. and then for the other 2 million needs to block like Myers. And drop the gloves on a few nights a week.

30 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Despite 1 point in 1 game this season. His best season was 2020-21.

Not many teams have even $1.1 million in cap space.

I find it highly unlikely he'd be taken on waivers.

Also doubt Hoglander clears waivers. It’d be a huge risk imo.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Whenever I watched Soucy play I always wished we had a guy like him. Like I said he's super smart at using his size to force opponents to bow out of plays or stay away from his side. For a big player he stays on his feet and doesn't get caught skating out of position, which can be hard for a bigger player. Pretty much the opposite of Myers who is also big but has no clue how to use his size wisely to box out opponents and is constantly getting caught out of position and in no man's land trapped by his own lack of foot speed. Soucy also throws some massive hits that change momentum. In addition he can also shoot the puck very well. It's Soucy by a country mile for me. 

I think thats called being a cuckold or something?

12 minutes ago, Tusk said:

No, I just see his cap hit and then we get someone like Lafferty for a third of the cap hit and wonder why we all just think Soucy is great? just because our D looked bad and disorganized?

Soucy needs to be more like Schenn was. and then for the other 2 million needs to block like Myers. And drop the gloves on a few nights a week.

Maybe let him play an actual game first?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Schenn went for $2.75 million on the open market.  You are not getting a player like Soucy for $850k...

So we gotta get some cap space to see more Soucy on a 3rd pair?

Is it worth it? Maybe millar out for a bit so Soucy and Mikelev can play a few games?

Ummm, Soucy is already on the roster, we don't need to find any cap space in order for him to play...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Age?

You haven’t seen Soucy play a regular season game for us. Pre-season isn’t much to look at for entrenched players. He also barely got any of those games.

Don’t be so negative. He will be a beast for us

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Schenn went for $2.75 million on the open market.  You are not getting a player like Soucy for $850k...

Ummm, Soucy is already on the roster, we don't need to find any cap space in order for him to play...

I think we were not cap compliant if Soucy, Blueger, Mikheyev were on the ice. Or, if any one of the three wer on the ice.

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think we were not cap compliant if Soucy, Blueger, Mikheyev were on the ice. Or, if any one of the three wer on the ice.

Our daily Cap hit worked out to 82.5 million on the 10th. But our Roster is over at 86 million.

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

We have only one player on LTR.We are good

Its judged by who is on the ice and bench.  Our cap for our roster is over.

Edmonton was over too, by much more than us and they took out 6 million dollar man. I bet he is playing saturday.

Soucy has not played for a single regular game, but he is already guilty?

Can’t understand that.

It is like give sh$t to a new employee who has not started yet.

Let the guy play, cheer for him, support him, see what he does for the team.

Anyway, my $0.02

Edited by Silent Man
  • Like 2