[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

4 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Soucy has not played for a single regular game, but he is already guilty?

Can’t understand that.

It is like give sh$t to a new employee who has not started yet.

Let the guy play, cheer for him, support him, see what he does for the team.

Anyway, my $0.02

If Demko sits out and DeSmith plays there is cap room for Soucy to play.

Are you ok with that trade-out?

Personally I would like that test to be against Anehim, Seattle, or Calgary rather than Edmonton

8 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Tampa Bay and Vegas won Stanley cups way over the cap. Hockey minds much better than us, play cap gymnastics and make it work. 

Yep. And first game of the season is more important than the first game after the trade deadline. 

I am glad we are this borderline cap and messing with Flu stories and fake injuries rather than just not playing the cap game. But with these moves I dont know how they all agreed to the OEL buyout because that is gonna hurt us.

We can only just win this year.

and the only way we get Petey signed is by winning this year.

Next year pieces gotta move.

10 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I am glad we are this borderline cap and messing with Flu stories and fake injuries rather than just not playing the cap game. But with these moves I dont know how they all agreed to the OEL buyout because that is gonna hurt us.

We can only just win this year.

and the only way we get Petey signed is by winning this year.

Next year pieces gotta move.

Cap should go up considerably next year

5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Dear Connor McCavedin and Leon Cryidle,

So there I am at work minding my own business today when all of a sudden I hear a bunch of snivelling dribble on my radio about how you were mistreated by my team. Seriously? Sorry pumpkins, I'll write you a twangy country song called Cry Me A River.

Shouldn't put out the #1 power play? Wat? Here's something for you to learn about fair play...crosschecking and slashes come with whatever kind of power play we want to throw out there. You lose all rights when you whack a guy on the shins with your stick so STFU. Once you're in the box mind your own business. Wipe the tears off your face and the snot out of your nose and try to be presentable. 

Duhchardonnay or whatever the hell his name is hardly plays fair. Can we discuss that for a moment? Nurse? If I had my way I'd call up Godzilla and Frankenstein and put them out there on the power play to offset these clowns.

FTR, I also saw that sneaky slewfoot behind the net, Leon. You 3 toed sloth.

I don't wanna hear this crap that makes it all about your team and how you didn't play well. Like you had a say in winning or losing and our team was just a biproduct of that. Shut up. You tried your hardest and when that didn't work you turned to your usual Plan B dirty play. You lost because this team played better and you guys were playing like a bunch of individual hack divas. Real Housewives of Alberta. 

Furthermore (I know that's a big word and you likely have to look it up), whining about Demko? Maybe he should've puked on you instead of in his mask. So you'd have an explanation. You made him (and me) sick.

One more piece of advice, take a loss graciously. Don't whine, pout, and cry...save that for your on ice antics that we've grown so accustomed to. Have some humility and accept that you were crap. Because you totally were.

BTW, this is the new and improved Petey so don't bother trying to cream him because he pushes back. 

Now I'm not getting too high on this one win and I fully expect you to come out like a bunch of kids trying to get your toy dumptruck back from the sandbox. Kindergarten rage is real. I've seen it in the aisles of Toys R Us.

It likely won't be quite so easy to roll over you (or maybe it will be).  But I am celebrating a beautiful performance by my team guilt free and you can't say anything to take that away. They gave me the best birthday present ever. So maybe get Karen to help you write an email and then meditate. Let it all out.

This game was not because you handed it to my team, it was because they earned it and played like a team.

Your interviews are trash. 

Love Deb

(PS I hear there's a new Connor in town. He's from Vancouver)

Absolutely impossible not to love this young man. And perfect post Deb. Wow.

Edited by Rekker
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think we were not cap compliant if Soucy, Blueger, Mikheyev were on the ice. Or, if any one of the three wer on the ice.

We were fully cap compliant on Tuesday.  What happened is both Soucy and Blueger were injured so we couldn't call anyone up to fill the spots as we had no more cap space.  However, Blueger and Soucy are both on the roster so they can play at any time when they get back without changing the cap.

Also, as per the CBA, the Canucks can call up a player from Abby for the next game to fill the one spot that is missing due to injury and that player won't count against the cap.  Which is why we called up Studnicka today, so we will have a full roster on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Alvin and Rutherfords team!! 

And Bennings!!

Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, Boeser, Miller, Garland (for now), Hoglander, Podkolzin, Giraffe

Most the major core pieces all still came from our dearest friend, Jim Benning. 😆

Napoleon Dynamite Dance GIF

Edited by Canuckle
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We were fully cap compliant on Tuesday.  What happened is both Soucy and Blueger were injured so we couldn't call anyone up to fill the spots as we had no more cap space.  However, Blueger and Soucy are both on the roster so they can play at any time when they get back without changing the cap.

Also, as per the CBA, the Canucks can call up a player from Abby for the next game to fill the one spot that is missing due to injury and that player won't count against the cap.  Which is why we called up Studnicka today, so we will have a full roster on Saturday.

Our current published roster is over 86 and we would not be compliant if everyone on roster played wednesday. Which is why we only played 11 forwards wednesday, and 6 defense AND two of them were from AHL.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Did you see Soucy play with Seattle last year?  He was a beast.  Sorry, but preseason means nothing.  Boeser did nothing in the preseason and is now on a pace for 328 goals...

Watchout Ovi and Gretz! Brock star is a commin!!!

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1