[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

Just now, Tusk said:

Our current published roster is over 86 and we would not be compliant if everyone on roster played wednesday. Which is why we only played 11 forwards wednesday, and 6 defense AND two of them were from AHL.

Please go to Capfriendly and stop spewing. All false 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Did you see Soucy play with Seattle last year?  He was a beast.  Sorry, but preseason means nothing.  Boeser did nothing in the preseason and is now on a pace for 328 goals...

Well actually had a preseason game where Brock got 4 assists.

But I get what your saying. I think Soucy took Tusk's GF or something......

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's Drance? I am shocked. 

I really like the following excerpt from the article.

"They won handily because of an accumulation of small, disciplined, hardworking contributions from just about everyone in the lineup."

And yet Drance has been complaining all summer and previously about not tearing it down and that all these small Adds have been wrong, from Hronek on.

maybe he’s learning he doesn’t have a clue

the rest of us already knew that 

he will flip in the wind and pretend he never bashed this team endlessly when Alvin shows why he’s the GM and not Drancey boy and his basic “pretend advanced stats”

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

Please go to Capfriendly and stop spewing. All false 

I guess you dont know how to use CapFriendly?

The green line is the Roster, which is clearly over by 3 million or more.... The grey line is the linup we iced without Mik, Soucey and Bleuger. Poolman is the only one on LTIR, who doesnt even come in any coversation

image.thumb.png.5d74d58307834eb4e5ca4d9ba54240da.png

41 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Tampa Bay and Vegas won Stanley cups way over the cap. Hockey minds much better than us, play cap gymnastics and make it work. 

They also technically have a 30% advantage due to taxes so apples to apples they’re over the cap before all the gaming. NHL needs to tax adjust the cap 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tusk said:

I guess you dont know how to use CapFriendly?

The green line is the Roster, which is clearly over by 3 million or more.... The grey line is the linup we iced without Mik, Soucey and Bleuger. Poolman is the only one on LTIR, who doesnt even come in any coversation

image.thumb.png.5d74d58307834eb4e5ca4d9ba54240da.png

Mik, Soucy and Bleuger are all on the roster. Here’s an exercise for you. Add up all the salaries and see what you come up with. Oh and Poolman matters.. how do you think we can go over the cap 2.5 million

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Our current published roster is over 86 and we would not be compliant if everyone on roster played wednesday. Which is why we only played 11 forwards wednesday, and 6 defense AND two of them were from AHL.

I don't think you know the rules of hockey dude. 🤔

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

No it's not.  Our roster was set on Tuesday.  We were $20,000 below the cap with Blueger and Soucy on the roster.  Both were injured and couldn't play so we couldn't call anyone up for the first game as it would have counted against the cap.  Soucy and Blueger are on injured reserve, so they still count against the cap even though they can't play. Even the Oilers played one man short.  As per the CBA, for the second game they can call up someone for emergency purpose without counting against the cap.  

When Soucy and Blueger return from injury they will be able to play without any cap issues.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Mik, Soucy and Bleuger are all on the roster. Here’s an exercise for you. Add up all the salaries and see what you come up with. Oh and Poolman matters.. how do you think we can go over the cap 2.5 million

Youre not looking at the DAILY cap which is what matters.

and If your on the main page, how many forwards are you seeing? 11. not 12

Because they only iced 11 forwards monday

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

No it's not.  Our roster was set on Tuesday.  We were $20,000 below the cap with Blueger and Soucy on the roster.  Both were injured and couldn't play so we couldn't call anyone up for the first game as it would have counted against the cap.  Soucy and Blueger are on injured reserve, so they still count against the cap even though they can't play. Even the Oilers played one man short.  As per the CBA, for the second game they can call up someone for emergency purpose without counting against the cap.  

When Soucy and Blueger return from injury they will be able to play without any cap issues.  

As well Mikheyev 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

I am on the main page.  The cap says $85,834,833.  And it shows 12 forwards plus Mikheyev who is on injured reserve.  And as of today it shows Studnicka with a cap hit of zero...

PROJECTED CAP HIT Tooltip : $85,834,883
PROJECTED LTIR USED Tooltip : $2,334,883
PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : $0
CURRENT CAP SPACE Tooltip : $137,500
DEADLINE CAP SPACE Tooltip : $137,500
TODAY'S CAP HIT Tooltip : $85,834,167
ROSTER SIZE: 22/23
CONTRACTS: 46/50
RESERVE LIST: 68/90
INJURIES: 2

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I’m out man. Lost cause. Have fun with your 11 forwards on Saturday which won’t happen 

• Haha 3

Just now, Tusk said:

and yes, we are way over the Cap. 

But its only acceptable because if you look at our daily cap, the players on the ice for game day is what the NHL actually cares about.

You just don’t get it man. You’ll carry on thinking you’re right and we’ll all watch these players come back magically under the cap in you’re world 

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’m out man. Lost cause. Have fun with your 11 forwards on Saturday which won’t happen 

It make one wonder how someone can be so lost, especially when multiple people are saying you're wrong you think you would take a second look or something.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ManbeastMARK said:

Why would you seek out a discussion forum online to confidently talk about something you are so clueless about?

Popularity contest maybe eh? By the way Studnika cap hit is 0 which also plays into the cap juggling by management