[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

2 minutes ago, ManbeastMARK said:

Why would you seek out a discussion forum online to confidently talk about something you are so clueless about?

I was just wondering about the same thing, and then go on to argue it. Shouldn't there be like a warning voice in Tusk's head going wait a second here, why does everyone say I'm wrong, do I really know what I'm saying, I'm going to go double check this? :frantic:🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Popularity contest maybe eh? By the way Studnika cap hit is 0 which also plays into the cap juggling by management

You are so ignorant on the subject of NHL cap hits that it would be ridiculous to argue with you. You're wrong and the other three or four people who thought otherwise are right on this one. The Canucks are cap compliant and it has nothing to do with Soucy sitting or not yesterday.

Edited by ManbeastMARK
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

And yet Drance has been complaining all summer and previously about not tearing it down and that all these small Adds have been wrong, from Hronek on.

maybe he’s learning he doesn’t have a clue

the rest of us already knew that 

he will flip in the wind and pretend he never bashed this team endlessly when Alvin shows why he’s the GM and not Drancey boy and his basic “pretend advanced stats”

Don’t forget he was whining about how we traded a 5th for lafferty. 

• Haha 1

Well, Hronek had a good game. I had some reservations about this trade, but this is looking good (so far).

Lafferty is already showing well under Tocchet (This is only 1 game).

Finally, I wanted to say that I'm proud of Boeser. I've never wavered in my support of him. I just KNEW he would be stepping it up this year. Yes, it's the first game, but it sure is nice to see him genuinely be happy.

2 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Well, Hronek had a good game. I had some reservations about this trade, but this is looking good (so far).

Lafferty is already showing well under Tocchet (This is only 1 game).

Finally, I wanted to say that I'm proud of Boeser. I've never wavered in my support of him. I just KNEW he would be stepping it up this year. Yes, it's the first game, but it sure is nice to see him genuinely be happy.

He's such a great human off the ice and has been sorely underrated on it.  Hopefully he has a career year and shuts up the doubters.  Nothing but love for Brock here.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I was just wondering about the same thing, and then go on to argue it. Shouldn't there be like a warning voice in Tusk's head going wait a second here, why does everyone say I'm wrong, do I really know what I'm saying, I'm going to go double check this? :frantic:🤣

888.jpg

• Haha 1

Glad to be back on the forum and a BIG THANK YOU to the administrators for continuing the process.

Great to see the team start on a positive note - Saturday will be a tougher test so need to tighten up even more.
I'm sure the  coaches will remind them to treat each game individually and prepare accordingly as I expect the OIlers to come out with some urgency.

This year is ALL about wins, so I hope they can keep the opposing chances down and really focus on the D side of the game. Winning a tight checking 1-0 game will be fine with me in terms of entertainment as long as they get positive results this year.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Mordekai said:

Don’t forget he was whining about how we traded a 5th for lafferty. 

the trolls favorite media man.... he helps them find their words...

"argggg a 5th? a 5th could be anything, even a journeyman 4th liner with speed, size, toughness and a decent scoring touch... When will they learn............ :frantic:"

• ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Tusk said:

Personally I would love the whole roster to play, Mik with Petey and Kuz would be awesome.

A full Defense without AHL guys would be awesome.

I am just trying to point out why we cant have everyone we currently have. 

Most posters are short term thinkers, anything beyond one month, unless it concerns never ending future "hope" dwindles into a fog of confusion.

Soon just making the playoffs will be a reason to plan a parade and another 10 years of "almost there"

All that aside that was a surprising game. The Canucks EARNED every bit of praise being heaped on them. But on the flip side, that was one THE WORST games I have seen the Oilers put on the ice. Vancouver was the cause of a lot of that but the word FLAT just gained a whole knew meaning watching the Oilers.

For sure though that game may have "poked the bear" or "shaken the wasp nest"

In hindsight I looked at it sort of like the season backwards, contenders ramp of the game as the season goes on trying to peak for the playoffs whereas "wannabees" play game 7 out of the box.

Good win though 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, BlockerHigh said:

And yet Drance has been complaining all summer and previously about not tearing it down and that all these small Adds have been wrong, from Hronek on.

maybe he’s learning he doesn’t have a clue

the rest of us already knew that 

he will flip in the wind and pretend he never bashed this team endlessly when Alvin shows why he’s the GM and not Drancey boy and his basic “pretend advanced stats”

Drance is to be ignored at all times. I turn away absolutely every time I see or hear him and I ill not read his garb. Unbelievable this dunce has any airplay or any audience. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Tusk said:

did you see him play?

Did you see him try to handle 16 minutes with Heronik? If he cant do that he needs shelter. Julleson was better on Wednesday and that Herose little guy

oof, 0 for 3 on the player names. rough outing. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tusk said:

Personally I would love the whole roster to play, Mik with Petey and Kuz would be awesome.

A full Defense without AHL guys would be awesome.

I am just trying to point out why we cant have everyone we currently have. 

But you’re wrong. Our full roster with everyone is cap compliant. 

• ThereItIs 1