[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Can't wait until we have him AND Soucy on the ice in the same game! 😍

We've been missing that element for years.

If we add a Pesce or similar this summer, my head might explode.

We've needed these shutdown types for so long now. The game looks so different with those types out there. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

We've needed these shutdown types for so long now. The game looks so different with those types out there. 

I mean can you imagine....

Hughes, Pesce

Cole, Hronek

Soucy, Bear

Hirose, McWard

D-Petey, Woo

Brisebois, Johansson 

That's a SOLID organizational D group.

3 hours ago, Mordekai said:

They do have Ekholm!! I have heard excuses that he was the reason why they got demolished 8-1 🤣

They will struggle on the road without a last line change throughout the season.  8-1 trashing is not a good sign even with him.  The Oilers is one line show with a good 2nd line if McDavid/Drasi are separated.  They'll probably get a good show at home with last line change for match-up game.  

On 10/12/2023 at 3:14 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

McDavid salty because he thinks we pulled Demko and had our 1st unit PP out there? We were playing plugs on our last PPs. 

Really hope we find a way to shut him down again two games in a row. One blow-out, they use their sloppy play as an excuse, but two tight defensive wins and suddenly we're a problem to deal with and will get a lot more respect.

We did pull Demko and put backup in....and no one knew why, otherwise RT wouldnt of clarified why he did it

43 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I mean can you imagine....

Hughes, Pesce

Cole, Hronek

Soucy, Bear

Hirose, McWard

D-Petey, Woo

Brisebois, Johansson 

That's a SOLID organizational D group.

It would be. I have beem advocating for awhile now. Next years first should be in play for the right dman. Pesce would be perfect. Our time os now, the first doesn't matter now, or probably 3 to 4 years from now. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Rekker said:

It would be. I have beem advocating for awhile now. Next years first should be in play for the right dman. Pesce would be perfect. Our time os now, the first doesn't matter now, or probably 3 to 4 years from now. 

As nice as it would be to get him this year, I don't see CAR moving him. And getting him next summer, without giving up the first, would be even better 😁

Happy for us to explore trade alternatives though! Never know when/if another "Hronek" becomes available.

15 minutes ago, Rekker said:

If Hughes-Hronek can do what they did in that game, it would be a crime to ever split them 5v5

Cole-Myers looked like a top-4 pairing too, no issues with them together, especially if Myers re-signs at 2.5 or thereabouts 

Soucy-Bear sounds pretty good too

then I’d go spend some $ to get a #7 that also belongs in the nhl and we’re pretty well set until some of the bajillion d-men we drafted this year can join the team 

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As nice as it would be to get him this year, I don't see CAR moving him. And getting him next summer, without giving up the first, would be even better 😁

Happy for us to explore trade alternatives though! Never know when/if another "Hronek" becomes available.

If we traded Garland for an expiring contract this year (eg. Fabbro), we could possibly sign both Pesce and Cole in UFA. Also throw in Trenin for good measure.

image.thumb.png.6e0422e3ff25a0b80c14b5408820c47a.png

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

But you’re wrong. Our full roster with everyone is cap compliant. 

We were only cap compliant after our first game and could officially put Poolman on LTIR.

That was my point and I had like 10 idiots tell me I was wrong.

Looking forward to everyone playing in Edmonton, including Soucy by the way. Even though I think we are overpaying him.

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

We were only cap compliant after our first game and could officially put Poolman on LTIR.

Looking forward to everyone playing in Edmonton, including Soucy by the way. Even though I think we are overpaying him.

But you were wrong. With a full foster we are cap compliant. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

Probably a dumb question but with the OEL $4M retention kicking in I think next year or the year after, is there a way to trade that hit? Or are we completely stuck with it?

No. The only way we could have lessened the blow is if we had Hired him back on the cheap since we are paying him anyway. But Florada thinks faster than us.

On 10/11/2023 at 11:21 PM, Provost said:

I had mentioned that a few pages ago.  He needs to get some love for effectively a perfect “quiet” game.   Just did everything right and never had to resort to heroics because of it.

looks like coach Tocchet agrees with our analysis https://canucksarmy.com/news/scenes-canucks-practice-tocchet-impressed-pius-suter-progression?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3XRmDBFQFXjrnWY2HY_KtnugMuqNgjIf2SBaJ8nFY92HDL9QZ8ocVXcTU_aem_Absdb47VY_4jRI64o_5CmpAzhI8QV86GDovOqs45yqek5Gtz0yKF4cl7QD3HkI_HnpI&mibextid=9R9pXO

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

But you were wrong. With a full foster we are cap compliant. 

With full roster opening day we wouldnt have been because we didnt have Poolman on LTIR yet. I mean maybe I I am wrong but maybe we would have lost the LTIR if we played everyone on opening day.

Instead we can take maximum LTIR for Poolman

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

No. The only way we could have lessened the blow is if we had Hired him back on the cheap since we are paying him anyway. But Florada thinks faster than us.

Florida clearly wasn’t thinking when signing OELeveator. The guy is done and the Panthers are missing the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

With full roster opening day we wouldnt have been because we didnt have Poolman on LTIR yet. I mean maybe I I am wrong but maybe we would have lost the LTIR if we played everyone on opening day.

Instead we can take maximum LTIR for Poolman

You’re totally wrong. Now bow to Alf’s empties. 🙃

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

You are wrong… you don’t have to wait until after the first game or be cap compliant after the first game when the season starts to officially put someone on LTIR.

You are not allowed to be NON complaint at any time.  We didn’t become compliant after the first game

You can have someone on LTIR on your initial submitter roster and already have them backfilled. 

LTIR and backfill timing is just a matter of maximizing the overage

Edited by Provost
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LaBamba said:

By the time you’re winning a Stanley cup you’ve cashed in your assets to surround your core. Those are 2 different stages. The organizational depth you prepared for your current window in on your team. 

10 hours ago, Huggy Bear said:

Of course, good point.

So which team is poised for success this year based on their depth, and despite any injuries?

The frikin Vancouver Canucks. so we can re-sign Petey

12 minutes ago, Provost said:

You are wrong… you don’t have to wait until after the first game or be cap compliant after the first game when the season starts to officially put someone on LTIR.

You are not allowed to be NON complaint at any time.  We didn’t become compliant after the first game

You can have someone on LTIR on your initial submitter roster and already have them backfilled. 

LTIR and backfill timing is just a matter of maximizing the overage

Ok so the whole point of putting the full roster less bleuger and Soucey was just to maximize the LTIR for poolman so we could actually be cap compliant saturday VS edmonton AND have a few hundred thousand space.

Are you the Cap Lawyer I have been hoping for to explain?