[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Three players (Boeser, Miller, Pettersson) with four points!

Miller with 5 ... 1 goal and 4 assists

Edit: just saw they changed his 4th assist to Hronek, so, yes, 4 points

Edited by Googlie

Have work early in the morning, not going to get much sleep tonight but still going to have a smile on my face. So happy for Boeser, he has been through so much. Miller too had a phenomenal game as well. It's a long season but we couldn't have asked for a better start and what a way to kick off the first game on the new forum. 1-0 with captain Quinn 🙂

Things I noticed switching on and off -

Puck possession wasn't often wasted. This is a huuuuuge departure from past Canucks teams where they'd force a play. Particularly the "Brock Bats it in" goal - Play went back to the zone, reset. No dump and don't chase.

I can't speak to the whole game on that, but when I was watching, the team was very active about getting in the Oilers' way, and then retaining possession after that. I missed the entire first though.

When the vaunted Oiler offence manages one goal, a PP one at that, you're doing fine. Turns out, if you take the puck away, the other team can't score. Strange concept.

• Cheers 2