[PGT] Canucks vs Oilers - Oct 11

Jess

3 minutes ago, vcBrett said:

Nice game, everyone played their part. Well coached, efficient play.

The new guys all looked good. Cole looked like a natural fit on the D, every time he had the puck I felt confident he would make a smart play. Cole looks like he can play with anyone on our d, great pick up(albeit a small sample size).

Suter looked good, smart dzone play and he made some good plays on the otherside as well, looks to be a good upgrade to the middle six.

Lafferty played well, exactly what i would hope from a depth forward. Got involved in both ends and even got on the scoresheet.

Hronek was good as well. Nothing too flashy but he looked like a solid 2way defender out there, made good plays in both ends of the rink. If he keeps playing like that, then I suspect we will have few people still complaining about that trade.

The stars also showed up tonight, Boeser with FOUR goals! Hopefully its a sign that he is finally healthy (mentally and physically) and is ready to get back to the player he has the potential to be.

Miller was real good. No lazy Miller tonight, good effort in both ends. Five points is a heck of a way to start a season, if Miller can get back to that 99 point form, we will be in good shape. 

Petey, four points and overall good play. He didnt have to to it all tonight, which is a good thing, and he made some good plays with the puck. Looks like last year's point total might not hold up as his career high for long. 

Demko was great, enough said. Hopefully he is healthy and not dealing with anything serious.

And Hughes, what a game #1 as captain. Hopefully the first of many more. He looked like the captain out there, very confident with the puck (I looked how he was shooting) and solid dzone play. Heres hoping hsi first year as captain will be his first Norris.

Everyone else was good too, but I cant really write a whole essay. Great game overall. I know its only game one, but this is a much better way to start the season. When Edmonton made it 4-1 the nerves came back, but we responded the right way end put those nerves to rest. Hopefully, game one isnt no fluke and a sign of things to come!

GO Canucks GO!!!

very well written, and I love the spirit... GCG! :towel:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

It's one game. But yes, encouraging signs for sure. Edmonton will push back harder, much harder than they did tonight, as they should. Let's see how our team handles that push back on Saturday. 

Obviously it's only one game. And yeah, it's a long season. But we showed up and played a great game. The Oilers better pray they have more than that if they're supposed to be considered a "contender"? Ha! What a joke.

• Like 1

Love how the team have bought in to Tocchets system. Don't back down. Get your nose dirty. An offensive defensive system, an attack style PK, but confidence working the forecheck too when opportunity opens up.  And staying on the forecheck even if the puck slips away, fight for the puck back.  Just haven't seen enough of that in the last number of years. 

Edmonchuck thought they had the 2 points in the bank before they even touched down.

🤠🥳😧😨😰😱

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

After over a decade of knowing how far from being good we are I’ve seen many things I like tonight, having said that, I just got back from Vegas and put $20 on the Canucks making the SCF, pays $750 USD if they do. Worst case I donate $100 to a sick kids charity so really I can’t lose.

Yes, but you get no ‘sympathy’ tonight …

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Love how the team have bought in to Tocchets system. Don't back down. Get your nose dirty. An offensive defensive system, an attack style PK, but confidence working the forecheck too when opportunity opens up.  And staying on the forecheck even if the puck slips away, fight for the puck back.  Just haven't seen enough of that in the last number of years. 

Edmonchuck thought they had the 2 points in the bank before they even touched down.

🤠🥳😧😨😰😱

We've needed that for so, so long!!!

• Cheers 2

Tocchet was one of my favorite players back when he played for the Philadelphia Flyers. 

Loved it when he became our coach..

He's gets instant respect from the players because of the style of game he played. He's not asking them to do something he didn't do as a player. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

brockstar continues his hot streak from preseason into the regular season.. nice win didn't expect something like this so it's a pleasant surprise and a nice start to the season. let's hope they can continue the momentum and weather the storm on saturday oilers will probably be out for blood. any words on demko yet?

• Cheers 1

All the off-season additions played pretty well tonight and it was clear the team played tighter with minimal mental lapses. Once Mikheyev and Soucy return I think they Canucks will be an even more stingy team to play against and will be not only a playoff team but a team you have to plan for. 

I mean, LA, Seattle, and Minnesota are all teams that have arguably less talent than Vancouver but are playoff teams. There’s no excuse for this team this year. 

• ThereItIs 1