PTSC: Game #2 VAN @ EDM Oct 14 2023

Goalie29

4 hours ago, Huggy Bear said:

Love how many are predicting another Canucks win

You know, umm ok so I was having fun predicting another blow out but I still think even if we lost, we lost without our fastest player, and a top 6 D missing too, and that's a big difference in our overall team D, not just because of Soucy out, but Mik is good defensively because he uses his speed to break up plays so we stand to get a LOT better when both are back AND Demko was playing with the flu, and Smitty is showing to be a more than capable back up, man when we get enough depth, to not lose a string of games due to injury, we've arrived, i've been waiting for this for years! 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

You know, umm ok so I was having fun predicting another blow out but I still think even if we lost, we lost without our fastest player, and a top 6 D missing too, and that's a big difference in our overall team D, not just because of Soucy out, but Mik is good defensively because he uses his speed to break up plays so we stand to get a LOT better when both are back AND Demko was playing with the flu, and Smitty is showing to be a more than capable back up, man when we get enough depth, to not lose a string of games due to injury, we've arrived, i've been waiting for this for years! 

No doubt we’ve added significant defensive talent. We’re also missing our best shutdown C and PKer, Blueger, but still have Suter and Lafferty in the bottom 6.

Were getting closer to a playoff team

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

No doubt we’ve added significant defensive talent. We’re also missing our best shutdown C and PKer, Blueger, but still have Suter and Lafferty in the bottom 6.

Were getting closer to a playoff team

I'm thinking if we can play as well we're probably in the post but just barely, but add to that our missing guys and I'd say mid pack... All depends on injuries or lack thereof.. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, iceman1964 said:

I'm thinking if we can play as well we're probably in the post but just barely, but add to that our missing guys and I'd say mid pack... All depends on injuries or lack thereof.. 

Yep. We’ll need many things to go our way, but I’m on board with the new additions and coaching so far…