PTSC: Game #2 VAN @ EDM Oct 14 2023

Goalie29

9 hours ago, Mando27 said:

6-3 Canucks

GWG Hughes

Predict a high scoring game, I expect the Oilers to come out flying but they still have no Top D playing with Ekholm injured.

Injured? or just a CAP complaint trick Muahhhahha.

Last week Edmonton was over cap just like us. all the sudden Ekholm out and they are green? So do we just need Beulevaur out so we can get Mik back? 

Game winner Mik from Kuz and Petey. Mcdavid and Dryercycle shut out by Boeser and Millar.

assist to new Beau by getting the flu

22 hours ago, Goalie29 said:

What a game!  Brock Boeser ties Greg Adams (1987) and Rick Blight (1976) for the team record of most goals on opening night.  I wonder if Darrell from Save-On-Foods paid Tocchet to limit Boeser's ice time after that 4th goal?

image.png.4ca5350dcb38e14f8ca352d1f6b579ea.png

While nobody correctly predicted the final score, 66 people got on the board with at least one point.  Honourable mentions to @CaptainQuin, @GasThomas and @Joe King for jumping out to the early lead with two points each.

image.png.d507d68aad5062f96a30b7d8646ead59.png

The season opening leaderboard:

image.png.1dcceb2977c847efdb1dfdec2972e88e.png

Next up, the rematch.  Vancouver @ Edmonton, Saturday at 7:00 PDT

Predict the winner, the score and the Game Winning Goal (or shootout).

• Predict the winning team - 1pt
  • Predict the right score, but not the right team - 1pt
  • Predict the right team AND the right score - 3pts
  • Predict the Game Winning Goal scorer, OR predict the winning team in the shootout - 1pt
  • Predict the winning team, final score & GWG (or shootout) - 5pts

Bonus question - Who scores the Canucks first road goal of the season? - 1pt

As always, only one prediction per game, no predictions or edits after puck drop, no conditional predictions and no gambling.  If you have questions, or think I have made a mistake in your score, please DM me. Full PTSC rules can be found in the season opening thread.

My predictions:

4 - 2 Oilers

Draisaitl with the game winning goal

Petey with the first road goal

Good luck and Go :canucks: Go!

:towel:

With a healthy Mikeyev, Blueger, and Soucy added to the mix, EDM would be cannon fodder "again" 

Have to say this game might be different.

One of the post game interviews said they are coming to play game 2. Sounds a lot like a playoff series attitude. That could have a lot of meaning to do with intensity.

Scoring 8 might just have changed the way the players will play. Often times teams will ease up, we have seen this for years with the Canucks.

What if a pissed off McD, Dras and company don't ease up and score 10+ or more? Or come out hitting everything like trucks.

Pettersson may not have done any favours for his teammates with that Ceci hit at that time of the game with the outcome already decided. Bad enough the score kept going up up but to rub their nose in it with unnecessary heavy hits?

There is nobody on the Canucks that could answer the bell if they start taking liberties.

The media just keeps throwing gasoline on the fire, there will be retribution for that embarrassment I am sure

I can't predict a score but if I have to then

Edmonton 10+ Vancouver - 4

AND PAIN

Unless they are suffering from the flu worse now.

5-4 oils

mcdavid gwg

miller frg

i just hope we come out of this game alive and injury free the EP hit was unnecessary and homer glasses off he 100% launched himself at the very last second with big feet off the ice.. he didn't launch upward and not really a dangerous hit or anything but it was 100% charging by definition and unnecessary. EP have been dishing out more and more big hits in the recent years.. not sure if i like him drawing the attention of other teams.. we dont need guys like nurse or kane running him thru the glass every chance they get.