[Article] Canucks’ Ian Cole announces he’s changing jersey numbers out of respect for Luc Bourdon

RWJC

"Free agent signing Ian Cole is the Canucks’ union representative with the NHLPA and he told Postmedia's Patrick Johnston that the Canucks’ support for Pride Night and other community initiatives was a big reason why he signed in Vancouver."

Between this and the number change, Cole seems like a solid dude. I'm a fan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

While a guy like Mark Messier took a giant poo the size of Squamish on the chest of Wayne Maki, a guy like Ian Cole goes out of his way to show respect and empathy towards the fallen Luc Bourdon.  

"The Mark Messier leadership award." 

Sounds like Messier even tried to steal Stan Smyl's nickname and become the new Steamer.

• ThereItIs 1

32 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Cole was solid last night. Played well.

Cole is a much better player than I thought he was when we signed him.

He works so well with Myers - they are a solid 2nd pair. Hughes with Hronek gives us a dominant 1st pairing. If we can find a way to bring Bear back I think he would work great with Soucy and give us more options to mix things up.

I don’t mind Juulsen -I think he can he can handle a 3rd pairing assignment fine and is physical. I was surprised to see he averaged 19:25 TOI in his rookie season with decent results 

Edited by Canucklehead44
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Canucklehead44 said:

Cole is a much better player than I thought he was when we signed him.

He works so well with Myers - they are a solid 2nd pair. Hughes with Hronek gives us a dominant 1st pairing. If we can find a way to bring Bear back I think he would work great with Soucy and give us more options to mix things up.

I don’t mind Juulsen -I think he can he can handle a 3rd pairing assignment fine and is physical. I was surprised to see he averaged 19:25 TOI in his rookie season with decent results 

The defense is leagues better than it was. More talent, more size, more experience. 

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

"Free agent signing Ian Cole is the Canucks’ union representative with the NHLPA and he told Postmedia's Patrick Johnston that the Canucks’ support for Pride Night and other community initiatives was a big reason why he signed in Vancouver."

Between this and the number change, Cole seems like a solid dude. I'm a fan.

It would be great if a bunch of players decided to use the tape.  The league backed off mandating participation, mandating non-participation should be met with the same social backlash.

What is the league going to do, make teams forfeit games?  That would be spectacular headlines on every major media broadcast on the continent.

34 minutes ago, Provost said:

It would be great if a bunch of players decided to use the tape.  The league backed off mandating participation, mandating non-participation should be met with the same social backlash.

What is the league going to do, make teams forfeit games?  That would be spectacular headlines on every major media broadcast on the continent.

Scott Laughton said he's going to. Hope more players follow suit

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

07C4E6BA-5CDA-44FC-A337-029418CD501C.jpeg

Bad enough you guys mention Its name, but you have to add a picture I have to see too? 

I thought this forum was going to be different and just a little more classy than the old forum but I guess I was wrong… 🤨

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Flipper said:

Bad enough you guys mention Its name, but you have to add a picture I have to see too? 

I thought this forum was going to be different and just a little more classy than the old forum but I guess I was wrong… 🤨

It’s’ nipples are staring at you. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Flipper said:

This is how I feel when people post that Jim Benning picture.