2 cans crab meat 170 g (drained)

1 bunch green onions ( well washed)

2 packages frozen chopped spinach

1 fresh loaf dour dough bread 

Optional; 

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp  ground cayenne 

tbsp favourite hot sauce 

Mock crab meat ( fake stuff , haddock ect)

Thaw spinach previous day and place in fridge in colander to allow as much fluid as possible to drain. Okay to press it lightly to remove fluid.

Combine sour cream, mayo, drained crab meat, and soup mix. 

Chop green onions medium fine and stir into mix. 

Ensure spinach is well drained, loosen it up and stir into mix. 

Cover mixture and place in fridge for 6-8 hrs. 

Slice top of bread loaf off and set aside. Carefully carve interior of loaf out until you just have the crust portion as an empty shell. Try to get the bread out in large pieces which can then be cut into pieces suitable for serving the dip on. 

Taste test your dip and add optional seasonings to adjust to your preference. I like to take it up a notch with dried Habanero powder. 

Once dip is seasoned spoon it into the bread shell until it’s slightly heaping. 

Garnish the top with a bit of green onion, cayenne pepper and additional crab meat.  This gives it a nice appearance. 

Carve out bread lid and place back on loaf.  Put loaf in a plastic bag and sesl

well. Set in fridge a few hours prior to serving. Flavours meld . 

Place bread strips in a well sealing container and set aside for serving. The bread dries fast so seal well. 

Serve with bread , crackers , vegetable sticks ect. 

Pictures to come.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

Spinach Crab Dip

500 ml sour cream 

500 ml mayonnaise ( real)

1 package Knorr dried vegetable soup mix 40 g

2 cans crab meat 170 g (drained)

1 bunch green onions ( well washed)

2 packages frozen chopped spinach

1 fresh loaf dour dough bread 

Optional; 

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp  ground cayenne 

tbsp favourite hot sauce 

Mock crab meat ( fake stuff , haddock ect)

Thaw spinach previous day and place in fridge in colander to allow as much fluid as possible to drain. Okay to press it lightly to remove fluid.

Combine sour cream, mayo, drained crab meat, and soup mix. 

Chop green onions medium fine and stir into mix. 

Ensure spinach is well drained, loosen it up and stir into mix. 

Cover mixture and place in fridge for 6-8 hrs. 

Slice top of bread loaf off and set aside. Carefully carve interior of loaf out until you just have the crust portion as an empty shell. Try to get the bread out in large pieces which can then be cut into pieces suitable for serving the dip on. 

Taste test your dip and add optional seasonings to adjust to your preference. I like to take it up a notch with dried Habanero powder. 

Once dip is seasoned spoon it into the bread shell until it’s slightly heaping. 

Garnish the top with a bit of green onion, cayenne pepper and additional crab meat.  This gives it a nice appearance. 

Carve out bread lid and place back on loaf.  Put loaf in a plastic bag and sesl

well. Set in fridge a few hours prior to serving. Flavours meld . 

Place bread strips in a well sealing container and set aside for serving. The bread dries fast so seal well. 

Serve with bread , crackers , vegetable sticks ect. 

Pictures to come.

Had I not already bought a spinach dip, I would have been down to try this. Maybe next time.

• Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Had I not already bought a spinach dip, I would have been down to try this. Maybe next time.

I’d didn’t notice until I got it home but the loaves of sour dough bread ard much smaller than last year! More expensive too. Need two loaves to accept the amount of dip. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I’d didn’t notice until I got it home but the loaves of sour dough bread ard much smaller than last year! More expensive too. Need two loaves to accept the amount of dip. 

I noticed that with the baguettes I bought too. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

My turkey is in the brine. My stuffing is done and just needs to be baked tomorrow. Potatoes are cut and in the pot. Trying to make dinner easier on myself. The only thing I REFUSE to do, is Brussels sprouts. I hate those things. And my mom loves them. So the deal is I do everything else, if you want sprouts, you prep them, and I'll cook em.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Everything is now done. Dinner is over, I killed it by the way. I picked the carcass clean enough. Wrapped everything up and put it away. I'm fucking gassed now. Only thing left to do is presents then I think I'm going to crawl my dead ass into bed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...