What’s for dinner/cooking?

Barnstorm

Baked! ~

Baked banana bread and berry bread (raspberries and blueberries).

The banana bread needs to cook longer. I tried the berry bread, and boy is it delicious!

Edit:  I just tried the banana bread, and oh my gosh! Everything is just so bravo fantastic! 

IMG_5461.thumb.jpeg.bc722919efd574f04695ae8516119972.jpeg

IMG_5462.thumb.jpeg.60b20e5d2e4b70d88437b32917205e03.jpeg

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, brilac said:

Baked! ~

Baked banana bread and berry bread (raspberries and blueberries).

The banana bread needs to cook longer. I tried the berry bread, and boy is it delicious!

Edit:  I just tried the banana bread, and oh my gosh! Everything is just so bravo fantastic! 

IMG_5461.thumb.jpeg.bc722919efd574f04695ae8516119972.jpeg

IMG_5462.thumb.jpeg.60b20e5d2e4b70d88437b32917205e03.jpeg

Looks great, can only imagine how they tasted fresh out of the oven ! Next time you might want to raise the lower rack a notch or two and space the pans on two racks to allow even heat distribution around them. That’s likely why your delicious banana bread cooked slower and the surface split. 

What a great treat that must have been. Yummmmm.

ETA Glass pans also cook slower than metallic. 

Edited by Barnstorm

Making meatball sandwiches for dinner. The balls are done, letting them rest. I'll reheat them in the sauce in a bit. I also made a Korean marinade and tossed it with chicken breasts, that'll be dinner next monday.

20240401_152955.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I also picked up a small slab of pork belly when I was shopping. I'm gonna try my hand at making my own bacon. Thinking of going with a maple cayenne brine. But I forgot to buy maple syrup. Not shopping again today. So that brine will be next week. I'll share the results when I get there.

• Cheers 1

The meatball subs I made last week turned out so well, that I'm making more meatballs right now for dinner on Tuesday. I'm wondering if they'll be better after resting in the fridge for 2 days. Guess I'm gonna find out.

• Cheers 1

I tweaked what I did last time just a tad. I added minced onion, pepper, sea salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder. Then added some parmesan to the balls before cooking em.

• Cheers 1

Well, it's been a long wait. But the pork belly has been brining for 6 days. Just put it in the smoker, then I'll finish it in the oven after I put a nice layer of brown sugar, maple syrup and cayenne on top. Hoping for the best.

• Cheers 1

The rind is done. Skinned the belly and kept it for the dog. Brined it in sea salt, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Then brushed it with a little maple syrup and brown sugar. 

20240413_184951.jpg

• Like 1

Kind of a shit slicing job on my part. But its fucking delicious!!!!! I dont think I will go back to store bought bacon. I'm gonna buy more pork belly and double the recipe for next weekend!!!!

20240414_112224.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Lazy night. Popcorn chicken and fries. 

Dosen't that make you feel like the king of 5 year olds? It does when I make chicken nuggets and tater tots.

• Cheers 1