What’s for dinner/cooking?

Barnstorm

Just now, Canuck You said:

I hate all of you, I feel lazy af , No more eating out and ordering. Tommorrow I will become the Master Chef.

I tell myself that every Saturday night. I've been unbalanced with lack of sleep, and eating what is available and easy gives me energy. 

I did eat healthy for over a month and when school started back up, it went downhill. 

• Huggy Bear 2

9 minutes ago, brilac said:

I tell myself that every Saturday night. I've been unbalanced with lack of sleep, and eating what is available and easy gives me energy. 

I did eat healthy for over a month and when school started back up, it went downhill. 

I feel ya, When you fall off the wagon, You fall hard.

Skipthedishes ruined me, All fun and games until you have to flip that visa bill..I have the luxury from working from home so I have no excuses..Off to the grocer tomorrow!

7 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Made my beer chili so my son can take home 4 containers.   A can of beer....tomatoe sauce....chopped garlic...celery...onion ...green pepper... chili powder...hamburger...kidney beans....pork and beans....

20240420_173331.jpg

That looks damn tasty!!!!

• Cheers 1

On 4/19/2024 at 12:23 AM, Canuck You said:

I feel ya, When you fall off the wagon, You fall hard.

Skipthedishes ruined me, All fun and games until you have to flip that visa bill..I have the luxury from working from home so I have no excuses..Off to the grocer tomorrow!

I do a shop every week. I try, and fail to avoid processed food. That's why on my days off I try and make really good stuff. The way i look at it, at least i KNOW what went into it. But i still pick up processed crap, because on days where I'm too tired to cook, I can just pop something in the oven, and sit and try to relax for a bit. Tonight, is one of those nights.

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

I do a shop every week. I try, and fail to avoid processed food. That's why on my days off I try and make really good stuff. The way i look at it, at least i KNOW what went into it. But i still pick up processed crap, because on days where I'm too tired to cook, I can just pop something in the oven, and sit and try to relax for a bit. Tonight, is one of those nights.

Simmering meatballs for sandwiches again. I kept getting asked when I was going to make em again. And I thought, the only thing thawed right now is ground beef. Just have to thaw out some buns, and grate some mozzarella. So tonight it is!!!!

• Cheers 1

I want to try this.....

https://www.goslingsrum.com/recipes/island-black-bean-soup/

Island Black Bean Soup

The black, or turtle bean, has a distinctive flavor and is popular in tropical cooking. The soup should be rich mahogany brown when completed.

• 1 lb dried black beans, soaked overnight
  • ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
  • 3 tbs olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 4 cups good chicken broth
  • 4 cups water
  • 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
  • 1 tbs parsley, minced
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • ½ tsp turmeric
  • 2 tsp or to taste cumin
  • ½ tsp taste cayenne pepper
  • ½ tsp salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 4 tbs sherry peppers sauce or to taste
  • ¼ cup Goslings Black Seal Rum
  • Chopped hard cooked egg, chopped onion and slices of banana for garnish

In a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil and butter until golden. Add the beans, celery, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, and stir a few times to warm them all up. Pour on the water and broth and bring to a boil. Simmer three hours until tender. Add the allspice, turmeric, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper and cook another five minutes.

Now add the Black Seal Rum and sherry peppers sauce and cook another five minutes. Remove from the heat and purée somewhat less than half the beans. Return them to the pot adding more broth if it becomes too thick. Garnish with chopped hard cooked egg, chopped onion and a couple of banana slices.

Island-Black-Bean-Soup_1.jpg

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Like 1