What’s for dinner/cooking?

Barnstorm

Brisket just went in the slow cooker. Added 2 cups of diluted beef oxo, some Worcestershire sauce, sliced half an onion, and chopped a few cloves of garlic. Now we play the waiting game. Set the cooker for 8 hours. This is gonna be a long day.

• Cheers 2

Sorry everyone. I forgot to take a pic of the finished dinner. But the brisket was falling apart. Better than the one I made a couple weeks ago. Did the math, it was pretty much a 24 hour process. Smoked it for about an hour. Let it rest in the fridge. Then into the slow cooker for about 8 hours. Then rest it again. Man, what a process. But worth it.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Just curious, I know they say not to wash your chicken before cooking...BUT, Do you still?

If you marinated it, hell no!!! Hell, I don't wash chicken before I cook it anyway. I'll maybe pat it dry with a paper towel if anything.

• Thanks 1

Made burgers and tater tots for dinner tonight. I also prepped a baked spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tomorrow. All I've got to do when I get home is bake it off while I take the dog for a walk.

• Cheers 2

Made a Korean marinated ground beef and noodles for tomorrow and Wednesday. I was really excited for this, it's my first time using gochujang. But for tonight, I'm making burgers. I've had enough of being in the kitchen for one day. Too much time spent making marinades today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Made a Korean marinated ground beef and noodles for tomorrow and Wednesday. I was really excited for this, it's my first time using gochujang. But for tonight, I'm making burgers. I've had enough of being in the kitchen for one day. Too much time spent making marinades today.

Forgot to post the picture. Fucking brain cramp there.

20240825_164903.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I can't wait for next weekend. That's when I'm smoking my next brisket. And this time, it's with my own rub. Think I'm going to pair it with scratch made mac & cheese.......... I just have to get through this week first.

• Cheers 1