The AI Thread

RWJC

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Awww, shit.  😭

Yup. It's honestly why CFF (despite not being entirely "bot" free) is still one of my favourite places to engage with actual humans. The big portals are so overrun with fake/AI/bot nonsense that they're almost becoming unusable sadly. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I think the first strike will be all the traffic lights. These bots have quietly been convincing us to point out traffic lights in what amounts to millions of pictures globally for years now. Ironically: in an effort to prove we are not bots.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I think the first strike will be all the traffic lights. These bots have quietly been convincing us to point out traffic lights in what amounts to millions of pictures globally for years now. Ironically: in an effort to prove we are not bots.

In conjunction with street cams, a computer/person could arrange for a highway speed collision involving semis carrying dangerous cargo.

Target the areas around industrial parks, cargo ports and refineries. Could cause a chunk of destruction, country wide,  for a few hours before anyone gets suspicious.

Then the machine  turns every light green.

Highways every where would be horrific, and city streets would be jammed for days with damaged cars, and others just unable to move anywhere.

57 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

In conjunction with street cams, a computer/person could arrange for a highway speed collision involving semis carrying dangerous cargo.

Target the areas around industrial parks, cargo ports and refineries. Could cause a chunk of destruction, country wide,  for a few hours before anyone gets suspicious.

Then the machine  turns every light green.

Highways every where would be horrific, and city streets would be jammed for days with damaged cars, and others just unable to move anywhere.

😱😱😱

Is that why they're aiming for the overpasses?

😱😱😱

:frantic:

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 2

Maybe they take over and save us from ourselves?

Have they done that movie yet?

They could let us continue to do all our nonsense without the killing each other, and the planet, part. 

Edited by bishopshodan

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

They could let us continue to do all our nonsense without the killing each other, and the planet, part. 

Lol going with Hollywood logic, they will determine the most effective and long lasting resolutio is to just kill all of us emotional humans. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

Lol going with Hollywood logic, they will determine the most effective and long lasting resolutio is to just kill all of us emotional humans. 

Thats what I thought after I posted.

My idea would sell no movies! Its too positive of an outcome, nobody likes happy endings anymore.🙃

Edited by bishopshodan

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Star Trek did it. Everything you need to know about the future is in that show. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Star Trek did it. Everything you need to know about the future is in that show. 

Ummm, the Borg? talk about an Ai take over...

But the Federation humans seemed to have their Ai/bots/cpus in check on Star Trek...even that Data weirdo. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Ummm, the Borg? talk about an Ai take over...

But the Federation humans seemed to have their Ai/bots/cpus in check on Star Trek...even that Data weirdo. 

I plan on being one of those frozen people they find and thaw out.

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I plan on being one of those frozen people they find and thaw out.

Get yo arse to Mars.

I hear there is frozen ice in the subsurface fractures. Freezing here will just melt you into a plug of goo in another decade.

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Get yo arse to Mars.

I hear there is frozen ice in the subsurface fractures. Freezing here will just melt you into a plug of goo in another decade.

Yea but then I'd have to be with Elon. Not worth it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I hear there is frozen ice in the subsurface fractures

Yep ice at the caps. Mars has water...oceans of it, about 20k under the surface. I bet it has micro-life down there.

Planet Musk could have a real future. 

Interesting article on problems arising when A.I. learns from A.I. that was taught by A.I. that learned from A.I. that...

When A.I.’s Output Is a Threat to A.I. Itself

As A.I.-generated data becomes harder to detect, it’s increasingly likely to be ingested by future A.I., leading to worse results.

A.I.-generated text may show up as a restaurant review, a dating profile or a social media post. And it may show up as a news article, too: NewsGuard, a group that tracks online misinformation, recently identified over a thousand websites that churn out error-prone A.I.-generated news articles.

In reality, with no foolproof methods to detect this kind of content, much will simply remain undetected.

All this A.I.-generated information can make it harder for us to know what’s real. And it also poses a problem for A.I. companies. As they trawl the web for new data to train their next models on — an increasingly challenging task — they’re likely to ingest some of their own A.I.-generated content, creating an unintentional feedback loop in which what was once the output from one A.I. becomes the input for another.

In the long run, this cycle may pose a threat to A.I. itself. Research has shown that when generative A.I. is trained on a lot of its own output, it can get a lot worse.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/08/26/upshot/ai-synthetic-data.html