Pointless facts about yourself

Roberts

27 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I thought I did once but I am pretty sure it was  bull Sea Lion. 

Their roar is f'ing awesome. I now live waterfront near log booms with Sea Lions, so I hear them nightly. When the boys roar, it sounds like Kaiju or the Kraken rising. Just a great big sound. 

At least I think its the boys, maybe its just a growl that they can all do...usually they are just barking..."ork! ork! ork! ork!"

This vid is kinda like it but I cant find one with the big sounds I hear a lot.

Yeah, I’ve heard sea lions, elk, fox, deer, wolf, bear, cougar and all of the sounds these creatures make in the wild. Elk and fox make a huge array of strange sounds. This was different. There were a few distinct sounds.

One was a hooting sound that sounded similar to chattering made by primates. But from something with an enormous chest cavity similar to a gorilla.

Another was a scream or call that lasted for about a minute and started low going up about an octave over the duration. 

Hearing it, you go through your mental Rolodex of sounds that it could be, but this was made by something that had the powerful vocal capability. Something large. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah, I’ve heard sea lions, elk, fox, deer, wolf, bear, cougar and all of the sounds these creatures make in the wild. Elk and fox make a huge array of strange sounds. This was different. There were a few distinct sounds.

One was a hooting sound that sounded similar to chattering made by primates. But from something with an enormous chest cavity similar to a gorilla.

Another was a scream or call that lasted for about a minute and started low going up about an octave over the duration. 

Hearing it, you go through your mental Rolodex of sounds that it could be, but this was made by something that had the powerful vocal capability. Something large. 

Wow,

fun and freaky!

• Vintage 1

On 10/15/2023 at 12:23 AM, Cerridwen said:

I own an inordinate amount of footwear

On 10/15/2023 at 12:12 PM, Bob Long said:

I have gym shoes older than Bedard.

Found support for you Bob

• Haha 2

@ronthecivil and I are bruthas from different muthas (and fathas) and we graduated from the same engineering school (albeit in different programs).  We've also has some interesting discussions (political or otherwise) in person over the years, though I don't get to see the fat lout all that often any more. 🤣

(It's ok @ronthecivil, I still love you.  In a brotherly way, of course! :hurhur: )

On 10/16/2023 at 1:26 PM, runningback33 said:

I’m right handed but kick a soccer ball with my left foot and bounce a basketball with my left hand

I'm left handed, but I brush my teeth, comb my hair, and shave with my right (all things in a mirror....coincidence?)

• Cheers 1

sports wise I'm ambidextrous...I've played softball, hockey, horseshoes, ping pong, billiards, volleyball either handed.

I used to hustle at both ping pong and billiards by playing one handed, then switch over and clean up. 

( I have a little secret.... I am not left-handed )

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont watch any tv shows that glorify crime.

Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy...etc..

Never seen'em

I'll add on.

Even Marvel and DC Comic movie deaths are usually too much death for me.

example- Youndo killing all his former men with that arrow, on his ship.

Like people cheer for this?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont watch any tv shows that glorify crime.

Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy...etc..

Never seen'em

in the '90s leading up to and after the handover (and I guess into the early 2000s), there were a lot of movies that glorified triads in HK.  To this day, there are a lot of them that I still refuse to watch.

• Cheers 1