'If you want to fight, just ask me': Maple Leafs' Reaves wants Xhekaj rematch

1 hour ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I don't mind it one bit. The personalities of hockey players are as bland as a bag of flour - the league could use a little publicized taunting. 

The league needs more players like Reaves. 

So then you'll hink McDavid was right crying after we handed them their arse?

Same thing whining about what happened.

Can't stand Reaves....he seems so smug and arrogant.

Put a shirt on and shut your yap, clown. You paste a guy into the boards face first and yeah, you might fight.

He wasn't jumped, someone did GET the jump on him though. So sorry to Ryan for not getting a pre-fight memo and time to put on his absorbine junior.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Reaves is a hard-nosed clean player.  He would never jump a guy the way that gutless kid just did.

https://streamable.com/cud4

This guy needs to get hired straight into the Department of Player Safety

You missed the cheap shot to the back of the head on John Scott after he was already down, and the referee was on top of him.  Reaves is a total dirtbag...

I dunno.  I thought it was weird that the Montreal player just pushed him into/over the net like that.  I like Reeves, though.

I also think “jumped” means the guy grabbed him to fight instead of an old school stand off.  Which is a weird comment anyways because it looks like that happens a lot, though perhaps not to Reeves.

Will be fun to watch them slug it out next time. 

Edited by The Duke
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Reaves reacted in time to fight, he fell & Arber got the upper hand. It was reactionary but not cheap by anymeans. Reaves just lost.

Xhekaj is such a beauty. I'd love to have him on the Canucks.

Montreal drafted his younger brother Florian this past draft as well.  He's supposed to be just as tough but doesn't project to be an NHL player.  Then again Arber wasn't even drafted, so who knows 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

He probably shouldn't have thrown the dirty hit on Guhle if he didn't want to get jumped 

This is exactly right.  Reeves was running around like a guy who was sure that he could do whatever he wanted and there was nobody who was going to do anything about it.  He guessed wrong and now he's being a crybaby because it looks like he lost the fight.  He's right in one respect though, Xhekaj got the upper hand on him and the fight, such as it was, was never even.  It was a natural fight.  The kind that happen when somebody crosses the line.  The fact that Reeves got nothing for his dirty hit is problematic.

FWIW Xhekaj was penalized for instigating and was also issued a misconduct.  Reeves was only penalized for fighting.

• Upvote 1

Reeves got embarrassed. Probably losing sleep over it, night terrors of Xhekaj body-slamming him to the ground, while tens of thousands laugh at him.

Reeves better be careful for what he wishes for. Xhekaj might really embarrass him next time.

Leafs suck

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, cripplereh said:

So then you'll hink McDavid was right crying after we handed them their arse?

Same thing whining about what happened.

I would say taunting and whining are two different things.

But for argument's sake, let's say Reaves was whining like McDavid...I don't mind. My point still stands, the NHL could use some player-to-player drama. 

2 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I would say taunting and whining are two different things.

But for argument's sake, let's say Reaves was whining like McDavid...I don't mind. My point still stands, the NHL could use some player-to-player drama. 

Best thing the NHL could do is listen to people like Snoop.

Get more advertising about the best players and make the league better.

Crying and whining is not the right direction.

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Best thing the NHL could do is listen to people like Snoop.

Get more advertising about the best players and make the league better.

Crying and whining is not the right direction.

Reaves "whining and crying" has produced this 2 page thread and a bunch of social media reaction. 

Any publicity is good publicity for me in this context.

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2023 at 10:50 PM, Smashian Kassian said:

Reaves reacted in time to fight, he fell & Arber got the upper hand. It was reactionary but not cheap by anymeans. Reaves just lost.

Xhekaj is such a beauty. I'd love to have him on the Canucks.

No. Nobody over 200 lbs please.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Damn people take this stuff way too seriously.

Reaves is an absolute beauty.  He's playing a role, he's having fun, it's a game..  people need to lighten up and enjoy the show

Today he was whining about Perry being mean to him.  Lol. What a tool