[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

20 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Don't want to get ahead of myself here, but......  😆

(Let's just call it good pre-planning)

391759710_10160574553245549_829987023221

Nice plan to include the Lord Stanley statue on the way to the Rose Garden.  

But need to add the seawall around the park, and maybe even lap the lions gate bridge.   There will be at least a million people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

I mean the intensity level will be A LOT higher today for the Oilers as their objective had changed from breaking in their skates for the first game to now exacting revenge in the most vengeful way possible.

Canucks simply don't have the motivation that the Oilers now possess and Oilers can tap into that extra step because of what happened game 1, I am sorry but if you have any hockey sense at all you'll know this game is almost a gurantee Oilers win and a easy way to make $ if you bet on this game I am not saying gambling is encouraged but this is the one game that you can be sure without a shadow of a doubt will be a clear win.

Ok Oiler fan

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

Screenshot_20231014_113728_Samsung Internet.jpg

Did they not think this before game one as well?

I'm quite sure they did.

We'll see....a bunch of crybaby dirty divas playing for themselves vs a team that's really coming together and playing for pride and respect.

Oilers are gifted that (pride and respect) because they have "special" players and now they have to earn it. Canucks earned it last game, plain and simple.

So basically, stfu Oilynation. Can we please get clean up here...our pristine new site needs disinfection.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

I mean the intensity level will be A LOT higher today for the Oilers as their objective had changed from breaking in their skates for the first game to now exacting revenge in the most vengeful way possible.

Canucks simply don't have the motivation that the Oilers now possess and Oilers can tap into that extra step because of what happened game 1, I am sorry but if you have any hockey sense at all you'll know this game is almost a gurantee Oilers win and a easy way to make $ if you bet on this game I am not saying gambling is encouraged but this is the one game that you can be sure without a shadow of a doubt will be a clear win.

What your comment proves is that you have no hockey sense at all. Nice try though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What your comment proves is that you have no hockey sense at all. Nice try though. 

Not only that...I mean show some dignity and pick a username that's a true reflection of who you are. Not who you hope to be.

• Vintage 1

Expect to hear a lot of McDavid, McDavid, McDavid. Pettersson scores but you will hear. Did you see McDavid on that play. So amazing with the puck. Boeser scores. Yes but did you see McDavid, he was just amazing. I can't stand hearing about him every second. Did you see how he fell down and it led to a goal. Simply amazing! His whining is next level. Amazing whining on that play to the refs. Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

5 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

The odds are stacked against the nucks on a number of fronts... If we win, it will be because demmer plays all world.  Otherwise, as long as we keep it a close game, and continue to play with structure, puck support, strong along the walls, and clog up the middle of the ice... I'll be happy.  

Unfortunately, I can't watch games right now as I'm living in Nicaragua... Obviously, very difficult to find a place to watch a canucks game.  So now more than ever, I'll be checking in here to find out how it's going. 

Though I'm really happy with my move... One if the sacrifices was not having the same access to my favorite sports team.  Last couple years, I haven't watched many games because I didn't like the management or the product they were putting on the ice.  Now, with the changes in both management and personal, this looks like a team that will play with some qualities I admire and can get behind win or lose.

Hopefully once I get my house completed and move in, I'll be able to get a steam service and catch the last quarter of the regular season and playoffs!!!

Try Star+ 

works for canucks in latam

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Expect to hear a lot of McDavid, McDavid, McDavid. Pettersson scores but you will hear. Did you see McDavid on that play. So amazing with the puck. Boeser scores. Yes but did you see McDavid, he was just amazing. I can't stand hearing about him every second. Did you see how he fell down. Simply amazing!Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL 

Hockey media is pretty myopic and once they have their eyes set on the object of their affection, it near impossible to get them to see anything else. 

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Did they not think this before game one as well?

I'm quite sure they did.

We'll see....a bunch of crybaby dirty divas playing for themselves vs a team that's really coming together and playing for pride and respect.

Oilers are gifted that (pride and respect) because they have "special" players and now they have to earn it. Canucks earned it last game, plain and simple.

So basically, stfu Oilynation. Can we please get clean up here...our pristine new site needs disinfection.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the refs calls favour the Coilers as well just so the hockey world doesn't come to an end.........Sigh

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Expect to hear a lot of McDavid, McDavid, McDavid. Pettersson scores but you will hear. Did you see McDavid on that play. So amazing with the puck. Boeser scores. Yes but did you see McDavid, he was just amazing. I can't stand hearing about him every second. Did you see how he fell down and it led to a goal. Simply amazing! His whining is next level. Amazing whining on that play to the refs. Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL 

Yeah i think they said he scored a goal while on the shitter at one point.......Sigh