[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

I'm impressed by both the new coaching staff and management. 

They handled the flu the right way, got Demko out. Play DeSmith tonight to give Demko some recovery time.

Got everyone to buy in and RT has done wonders with Brock, he's going to have a big year. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They know they suck 5 on 5. Only way they win is if they get a ton of power plays. 

I hope we show a huge effort and win man, M David is a classless loser. "they put their uh back up goalie in with ten mins left that's a new one.." 

32 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

@-dlc- what did you think of Miller’s line as the hard match up line?

Sorry, should have asked this broadly.

What does CFF think of PDG - JTM - BB as a hard matchup line?

With last change on the road, should Tocchet try to get this line (plus Hughes & Hronek) out against McDavid? 

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

"We don't like that?"

LOL "we don't give a f......lying frisbee"

So we should play a game that suits the Oilers? How big have their egos gotten that they don't see what a ridiculous mentality that is. 

Our team plays to win, period. To overcome the past few years of being trashed and to prove themselves. Oilers are gifted a reputation that they are now struggling to prove. You're #1 in the world, McDavid. Start figuring it out from within rather than making excuses and "blaming" the other team for...winning? That's rich.

Well, what is he a coach now? Questioning coaches now. lol. Maybe he should just worry about playing which he didn't show up for last game. It would have been great for Tochett to say he just needs to worry about showing up for games but then that might motivate them so, no.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

9 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

With last change on the road, should Tocchet try to get this line (plus Hughes & Hronek) out against McDavid? 

I love the PutDemGuysoutMoreBoss line

Miller was ALL OVER Mcbaby and made life tough for him. I love these guys together.

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

If the PB & J line play a hard match up like they did in game 1, I'm here for that allllll year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I have a feeling Oilers are gonna come out swinging to make up for last game.

8-3 Canucks.

golf fall GIF

I have to go take dinner to my Dad now...hate to leave. Having too much fun!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I love the PutDemGuysoutMoreBoss line

Miller was ALL OVER Mcbaby and made life tough for him. I love this line.

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

If the PB & J line play a hard match up like they did in game 1, I'm here for that allllll year.

Apparently that’s the best McD has been shut down 5 on 5 in 3-4 years.

Love the pride Miller took in playing that role and basically dismissed getting 4 points in the process as unimportant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

https://canucksarmy.com/news/scenes-canucks-am-skate-tocchet-defending-oilers-desmith-starts-vancouver

interesting bit in here about EP40

Elias Pettersson told me he’s up to a 102 stick flex, which is obviously very high for a forward. At training camp, Pettersson said he was using a 95, up from 87 last year, and told me he “might go higher.” Pettersson explained that he keeps getting stronger and feels like he can play his game with the higher flex, which can help on faceoffs and the defensive side of the game. Pettersson coyly said “it seemed to work last game” when I asked if he felt strong enough to use a 102 flex consistently.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

I mean the intensity level will be A LOT higher today for the Oilers as their objective had changed from breaking in their skates for the first game to now exacting revenge in the most vengeful way possible.

Canucks simply don't have the motivation that the Oilers now possess and Oilers can tap into that extra step because of what happened game 1, I am sorry but if you have any hockey sense at all you'll know this game is almost a gurantee Oilers win and a easy way to make $ if you bet on this game I am not saying gambling is encouraged but this is the one game that you can be sure without a shadow of a doubt will be a clear win.

Actually I get you CRF. 

You picked that name honestly. You are still a fan rookie. A hopeful prospect having just brushed aside a few shafts of wheat on the wagon and found a spot to ride.  Its annoying but forgivable in your young journey to gaze over at the Oilers bandwagon brimming full of McJesus cult worshipers, and Cup polishers from 33 + years  ago. Its the City of Champions ffs!, and not be enamoured to the point of predicting all out victory against the team wagon you've only just hopped onto. Especially since when we last saw them at the barn dance we drank all their whisky, stole their girlfriends, and rode them out of town.  I reckon they are dang ornery about it.

But if you want to move up front in the wagon, with the big club fans, you'll refrain using terms like "this game is almost a gurantee", and "you can be sure without a shadow of a doubt will be a clear win."  talking about the opposing team.

Now you CAN say such unproven prophesies and wishful thinking when it comes to your own team.  Including that there is a giant NHL Deep State conspiracy against us.  Because there IS!!! damn you Gary!

And JFYI, if Canucks do lose, you won't be able to use your prediction to get points, or a new badge, or get a lot of praise in here crowing about it after.

I know it all doesn't make a lot of sense, but you'll get the hang of it eventually

Edited by kilgore
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1