[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Just send Joshua against him and tell him to rough him up.  It's coming knowledge that McDiver gets intimated easily and starts flopping and throwing tantrums instead of playing like a real man.

Joshua specifically got under his skin noticeably in the preseason

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, CanucksRookieFan said:

Thank you for your thoughts I appreciate the sentiment and your point of view. I am happy to see people sticking up for one another.

I am NOT an Oilers fan, I live in Van and follow the team. What I am however is a practical thinker and doer, I am confident in my ability to read games and predict events that I am making a push as the frontrunner for this seasons "predict the score" contest.

I feel if I can make recommendations or suggestions PRE game and they come true more people will listen and respect me as an authority. Honestly to blindly support your team in the event of almost certain loss isn't valuable to fans its misleading and misinformative. 

I may be a rookie to Canucks but my predictions are based on a lot of factors which I stand behind. I hope more people come to respect my predictions.

Calm Down Bernie Sanders GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

All fair points re. matching speed. Only Mikheyev (and possibly Lafferty?) could catch him at speed. 

They’ll likely need to rely on positioning to keep him to the outside, and seemed successful doing so in game 1. We’ll see if they can do it again tonight, without last change at the whistles.

Thats where we’ll be most vulnerable, IMHO. Can’t send out Hirose and Juulsen after the whistles.

Both Mikheyev & Lafferty have elite speed, Blueger & Petterson are also quite quick.

If they can keep him to the outside they got a chance and.... please, please, please stay outta the box. 

The Oilers PP can change the flow of a game.   

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Don't want to sound pessimistic but I don't think that line has the speed to keep up with McDavids line.

BB honestly is not a fast player (improved but still slow), Miller is better but still not there, PDG is quicker which is why I think they have him on that line...to get in and retrieve pucks. It's not meant to be a knock on the line but putting them head to head against a speedster like McDavid might be asking a little much. If there a step or two behind we're gonna end up taking some penaties IMO.

To be fair there's not many (or any) guys in the league that are gonna be able to contain McDavid's speed. It's gonna have to be a team effort.  

Did you watch the last game? I was there and they really did a good job of "slowing" McDavid and company down.

No reason to think they can't do it again.

Besides, you don't just have to chase them down/all over the ice. There are ways to contain them without having to keep up to them at full out speed.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Demmer is recovering from the flu. Per Tocchet, they planned to give DeSmith a game soon anyways, as he had a great camp. 

Thank you. That’s not terrible news like it could have been. Desmith will give the crew extra motivation ! 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Did you watch the last game? I was there and they really did a good job of "slowing" McDavid and company down.

No reason to think they can't do it again.

Besides, you don't just have to chase them down/all over the ice. There are ways to contain them without having to keep up to them at full out speed.

I agree, positioning, stick positioning & clogging lanes can definitely slow him down.

My response was to the question do you think PDG, Miller & Boeser would be a good match-up against McDavid?

The short answer is "no" I don't like them going head to head. If I was Woodcroft and had last change that's the line I'd want them out against though. Just my opinion however.    

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

He also took on a bigger opponent last game and made him bleed.  Probably deserves more credit for that…

100% I was stoked for him real solid effort and rewarded for it. We need his toughness And he has proven he can score too. Him and Laff brought great energy last game

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2