[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

If we sign Bear and everyone is healthy after Christmas:

Hughes-Hronek / Bear

Cole-Myers / Hronek

Soucy - Bear / Myers

Not bad looking

No thanks on Bear. Too small and prone to crapping the bed.

• Sad 1

It's going to be a tough one on the road. Sounds like Ekholm will be playing so that's another problem for us. It seemed like without Ekholm Oils has no idea how to defend.  

If the team can show the consistent strong defensively play displayed from last game and put in another 60 min effort, I'd be happy even if we don't get a W.

• Cheers 1

On the NHL.com site they are still showing players to watch but not including Wednesday numbers.

for Goals they dont even mention Boeser.

Friggin typical I hope he keeps adding so eventually they have to give him his due recognition.

• Cheers 1

From the drop of the puck you've got to be ready for these mofos. They're going to play like it's the playoffs. Count on it.

If I was the coach du jour, what we need to do is to commit to and play a defensive game. Do NOT take penalties.

Each player and each line has to be on their game. This is a good test so early in the season. Good luck boys!  

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Reg said:

From the drop of the puck you've got to be ready for these mofos. They're going to play like it's the playoffs. Count on it.

If I was the coach du jour, what we need to do is to commit to and play a defensive game. Do NOT take penalties.

Each player and each line has to be on their game. This is a good test so early in the season. Good luck boys!  

So same as last game... I thought most of the offense came from actual defense.

If we can be defensive and still have the offense from last season we win. we win it all.//// lol. I mean but maybe

• Like 1

Pumped to see how the boys handle this one. Odds are heavily stacked against them since the Oilers will be big time motivated and are supposed to be the better team. I'd be over the moon if we could do it again.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1