[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

I predict that McDoofus doesn't spend more than 30 seconds in his own end ALL night. He'll be cherry picking everywhere. 

the best way for us to start the game would be to score on the very first shot. 

I predict 5-4 Canucks in O T with JT getting the winner. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Expect we will se McD come out flying and with more than his usual late cheap shot antics. Also expect some vicious uncalled stick work from Crysaital.  They are mad and know the refs give them the benefit of the doubt. 
Keep our cool and keep hitting. Need lots of discipline, the refs will want to gift this one to the Oilers. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Slegr said:

I’ll settle for a one-goal win over these disrespecting turds. Even if we lose, I hope we keep that passion, intensity and focus we had in Game 1. 

This....

No guarentees, but keep the intencity up and they will be fine. 
Even if we lose narrowly, they'll walk away from this double header 10 feet tall...

I am sort of worried the refs will favour the crowd and oilers and just dish out penalties. Having McDavid and Draisaitl it just seems that refs going looking to make them and the crowd happy especially at home. How do refs stay even keeled and fair in a rowdy atmosphere? They are human. Oilers don't need help though. Anyways early powerplays are my concern tonight. Almost have to play a perfect game to start and stay out of the box to help their chances to win.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

It's been said before by the countless posters that Edmonton will come out flying tonight. If we can stay out of the box and lead 1-0 after the first we have a really good chance. Let's see what happens tonight

Staying out of the box is the key to beating the oilers

• Like 1

Sounds like Ekholm is back which is the biggest game changer so we're going to have to find a way to beat him and get our stars on the ice when he's not there. Bouchard and Nurse were all over the place last game. Their positioning and sticks are so bad, but Ekholm logs a good 22ish minutes against top lines and shuts them down.

It'll be interesting to see who they try and play Ekholm against - Petey or Miller's line. Obviously right now Petey and Kuz aren't quite firing on all cylinders 5 on 5 but Miller, Brock and PDG are on fire and far better at even strength. Think we might end up with Ekholm vs Miller and Nurse vs Petey which is a solid match up and really good test.

Big test tonight.  Expect Oilers to try bullying us.   Tochett i'm sure will have the guys ready for it, and that's how we go up 2-0 against in the season series (don't take the bait but play in their faces).    Two games in and it seems to matter more already.   Awesome GCG! 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

It will probably take some time for puck drop like half an hour more because they have to do the staff, then the injured players, and roster, and then starting roster

Plus the Coilers will be in their dressing room gripping their sticks to splinters, curling in fetal positions now and then so have to be coaxed out onto the ice.

• Haha 4

I've listened to a few reactions after the game. I'm a little annoyed hearing that the loss is more about oils not playing their game rather than us being able to hold their top players off the score sheet.

Getting 8 goals is a reflection of oils sloppy defense which will be different tonight with Ekholm back, but there's not enough said about canucks only allowing one goal because we played solid defense for 60 mins. 

Don't think many will predict us to win the second game which is fair. I predict Demko keeping is close in the first, maybe let in 1 on pp and we strike back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I don't care if it's game 1, 2, 10, 69....Beating the Oilers and beating them badly feels so incredibly satisfying.

I almost need a Heffy rant about McDavid, Draisaitl and the Oilers as a pre-game speech.