[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

Maybe I'm just blind but I don't get the Myers hate. He's not that bad, sure he's overpaid but he is definitely a top 6 defenseman on any team in the league.

Some of you look for things to shit on him 100%

He had some rough plays but also drew the penalty that tied it and was on the ice when we hemmed them in (I think he just changed for Hronek) just before we took the lead. 

He’s the chaos G.  Some people haven’t figured it out that he both giveth and taketh away.  That’s on their own mental health for only noticing the bad and not acknowledging the good.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

Maybe I'm just blind but I don't get the Myers hate. He's not that bad, sure he's overpaid but he is definitely a top 6 defenseman on any team in the league.

It's painful to watch him lumber around out there thinking at a snail's pace while giving up chance after chance.

I dunno how people haven't been impressed with Hogs so far. I thought he was great in the preseason and he was one of our better forwards last game, just didn't get rewarded.

He created that goal with his relentlessness and then heading to the net. He deserves to be in the line up, really hope we can get rid of one of our more expensive forwards for a decent dman.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Okay but seriously though... who decided Myers was the guy to start tonight knowing Edmonton was gonna throw everything and the kitchen sink at their first shift?

Absolutely horrendous decision still. We'd be up 2-0 lol. 

McDavid does a cross crease pass and Myers with his long ass stick can’t even poke it and DeSmith had to bail us out from Draisaitl on the PP

Hes not an NHL defenseman on a playoff team.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Odd. said:

McDavid does a cross crease pass and Myers with his long ass stick can’t even poke it and DeSmith had to bail us out from Draisaitl 

Hes not an NHL defenseman on a playoff team.

He's a good defenseman if he doesn't have to touch the puck at all under any type of pressure lol. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

He's the latest in a long list of whipping boys on the Canucks' D....

He's not going to challenge for the Norris, but he's also not nearly as bad as these boards make him out to be.

I was on CDC for close to 20 years, and I used to make this same argument about guys like Alex Edler and Kevin Bieksa back in the day...

• Cheers 2