[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

I just realized I have so much apprehension about this game because if we were to lose, the trolls would pounce. I'm not ready for that. I want to savour that win and another would be a great way to start the year. A statement because the Oilers are touted to be there in the end of it all and we're not. This team doesn't get the respect it deserves but certainly earned some last game. I agree re the comments making last game more about the Oilers not performing well...this team did what they had to and it's time for people to acknowledge that.

Go Canucks Go!!! 

391655174_10160574121355549_632293454689

391565499_10160574123060549_707155517024

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

Let’s go fellas!  I am hoping to see another disciplined game to keep them off the PP as much as possible.  Hope they can keep plugging up the neutral zone and not give McWhiner and Crysaital the room to get that speed going.  Be patient and strike when we can.

I think with not getting last change it will be up to more than just the Miller line to be able to check their top line.  I  wonder if they come out with the loaded top line again?  Or is that just when they are behind?

If our defence and Demoko are on their game I say we win 4-3.  If we get back to our old habits and try and run and gun with them, we lose 6-4.

Make a believer out of us boys and turn Drance into a cheerleader!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I just realized I have so much apprehension about this game because if we were to lose, the trolls would pounce. I'm not ready for that. I want to savour that win and another would be a great way to start the year. A statement because the Oilers are touted to be there in the end of it all and we're not. This team doesn't get the respect it deserves but certainly earned some last game. I agree re the comments making last game more about the Oilers not performing well...this team did what they had to and it's time for people to acknowledge that.

Go Canucks Go!!! 

The thing is, when a team is in the conversation as being one of the favorites to win the cup, sometimes it goes to their heads.  Maybe they were believing that they were far superior as a team and didn't have to come out with their best effort to win in the end.  Clearly they thought wrong and we're going to see the Oilers best effort tonight.  The Canucks know this and I'm looking forward to the game for this reason.

• Cheers 1

I'm not expecting 2 wins in a row vs McBaby, what I do want to see is their full effort. However this goes I just want to see a 60 minute effort because if they do that then it says a lot about our coaching staff.

I'm also very interested to see how well Tocc has the guys ready for the first 10 mins, and how we react if we get scored on first. 

I expect a very physical game as well. This one will be a test of our team in a few ways. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Go Canucks Go!!! 

Brock has had 4 career hat tricks

PK is going to have to be real good. McDiver and Crysaitl will be working the refs hard all night. That's the only way EDM has a chance.

Can't win without goaltending

Crysaitl said the Oilers would be a different team. I'm expecting cheap shots and lots of dives. Canucks need to be aware of Cry, Kane and Nurse, they all play dirty. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Gonna be a tough one. I want to fall into the we will smash them again but I’m fully expecting a loss here. I think I’m just protecting myself from the past. Wouldn’t it be something to start the season 2-0 though. Let’s go Canucks! 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

As Rick Tocchet biggest, and most loyal fans, I hope the team keeps doing what he preaches... "Be sticky"

Don't give them an inch. 

Go Nucks. 

So weird, I just came in here to post about Rick (after reading an article). 

We belong to the same fan clubs it seems. Cheers. Let's gooooo!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So weird, I just came in here to post about Rick (after reading an article). 

We belong to the same fan clubs it seems. Cheers. Let's gooooo!

I'm being a bit silly.

Not a fan of Rick but if the team keeps doing what they did last game....I will tip my hat.

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

PK is going to have to be real good. McDiver and Crysaitl will be working the refs hard all night. That's the only way EDM has a chance.

Can't win without goaltending

Crysaitl said the Oilers would be a different team. I'm expecting cheap shots and lots of dives. Canucks need to be aware of Cry, Kane and Nurse, they all play dirty. 

IMG_4761.jpeg

• Haha 1

I'm Hoping Thatcher Demko is good to go.  Hell, I hope are entire team is! The will to win already seems very strong

If last game was any indication. It was no fluke.  Though there's no doubt the home town environment helped.

Even so; You could tell this team looks different.

I'm not too sure the Oilers can quite match that even with the crowd on their side. Canucks look like a different 

team. 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm being a bit silly.

Not a fan of Rick but if the team keeps doing what they did last game....I will tip my hat.

I wondered if that was the case. But come on, board the Rickmobile.

• Like 1

It's going to have to be a step up game for Hoglanders line, pretty sure the Oilers will be deploying McDavid against them whenever they can.  Stay out of the box, looking at you Chaos Giraffe, work hard and this should be a good game.

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

The odds are stacked against the nucks on a number of fronts... If we win, it will be because demmer plays all world.  Otherwise, as long as we keep it a close game, and continue to play with structure, puck support, strong along the walls, and clog up the middle of the ice... I'll be happy.  

Unfortunately, I can't watch games right now as I'm living in Nicaragua... Obviously, very difficult to find a place to watch a canucks game.  So now more than ever, I'll be checking in here to find out how it's going. 

Though I'm really happy with my move... One if the sacrifices was not having the same access to my favorite sports team.  Last couple years, I haven't watched many games because I didn't like the management or the product they were putting on the ice.  Now, with the changes in both management and personal, this looks like a team that will play with some qualities I admire and can get behind win or lose.

Hopefully once I get my house completed and move in, I'll be able to get a steam service and catch the last quarter of the regular season and playoffs!!!

Perhaps a consolation prize is in order!

The Baby Nux play today at noon PST and AHLTV.com is streaming all (about 12) AHL games today for free.

Go to AHLTV.com to sign up.  At least you can get to see all the players that didn't make the big team.

• Thanks 1