[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

They won't lose tonight if they played like they did last game. Full stop. The way they played was how a contending team played.

I would love to see it 3 games in a row (including 1 preseason game).

Also, it's non-gdt related but I watched Buffalo's first game and holy smokes Dahlin must have had an off night because he's not in the same tier or even close to compared to Hughes. Hughes is way more dynamic, better with his stick and just an overall smarter player. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Something that bothers me - I keep hearing how McDavid was whining about the Canucks using #1 power play late in the game when score was out of reach. But I thought I saw Canucks use their second PP unit first in those late opportunities, then give the number one until the remaining 30-40 seconds. Like seriously, what did McDavid want in that situation? For our 4th line to go out there? They’d probably start something and McDavid would have complained about that too. The guy really can be a whinny brat… he might play like a champion, but he doesn’t act like one.

They actually sent out 4th liners but with 30 seconds left they sent out their 1st unit.

And it was right of them because they deserved it for hacking our players and potentially risking injury in a game they'd already clearly lost. They're lucky they didn't get the full pp1 and pp2 if you can't have class like that. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Something that bothers me - I keep hearing how McDavid was whining about the Canucks using #1 power play late in the game when score was out of reach. But I thought I saw Canucks use their second PP unit first in those late opportunities, then give the number one until the remaining 30-40 seconds. Like seriously, what did McDavid want in that situation? For our 4th line to go out there? They’d probably start something and McDavid would have complained about that too. The guy really can be a whinny brat… he might play like a champion, but he doesn’t act like one.

Then do something McGriddle!! Don't talk about it, Be about it! Sick of all the talk , My team showed up and I bet they wlll again so come at us bro!

What I'm most curious about is how both teams respond.  Tocc wants team to come out flying as expected of the coil.  Truth is, all the pressures on Edmonton, we're playing with house money on this game.  If we play loose, structured, and hard to play against... I can see the coil getting really frustrated and in disciplined.  

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Slegr said:

He should be embarrassed, and so should the Oilers fan base. The best player on the planet complaining to the media about how unfair it was for a non-playoff team to try to score on the PP. 

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Slegr said:

McDavid can take a chill pill (just Tylenol), and mind his own Damn business. I admire his skill as a player but there's

Times his mouth runeth over. Buster? You aint got the right to whine when it's your own teams fault (including you,)

That stunk the joint up. Guy's just trying to pump up his team. FFS, every team are honing their skills and trying to

accumulate points quickly.

37 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Does McDavid play the PK anyways, why should he care?

46 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

LOL am I the only one already "waiting" for the game. Like today will probably be pretty unproductive...."it's almost game time" (in 9 hours). 

My grandson has two, yes 2 games today. The first was at 8am in Coquitlam, the second is this afternoon at Planet Ice Coquitlam. I hope I have the energy to cheer the third game tonight. Hockey, hockey, and more hockey all weekend. Love it, and that nail biter game the Lions won last night.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Johngould21 said:

My grandson has two, yes 2 games today. The first was at 8am in Coquitlam, the second is this afternoon at Planet Ice Coquitlam. I hope I have the energy to cheer the third game tonight. Hockey, hockey, and more hockey all weekend. Love it, and that nail biter game the Lions won last night.

What a great time to be alive!

Enjoy every minute of it (and the rest that'll surely follow)

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I don't see a non-contact red jersey at all.

I wonder if Studnicka gets sent back down if Soucy is good to go. 

I hope he's legit ready. Our D core gets so much better if he's playing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

What I'm most curious about is how both teams respond.  Tocc wants team to come out flying as expected of the coil.  Truth is, all the pressures on Edmonton, we're playing with house money on this game.  If we play loose, structured, and hard to play against... I can see the coil getting really frustrated and in disciplined.  

Undisciplined 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1