[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

23 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Something that bothers me - I keep hearing how McDavid was whining about the Canucks using #1 power play late in the game when score was out of reach. But I thought I saw Canucks use their second PP unit first in those late opportunities, then give the number one until the remaining 30-40 seconds. Like seriously, what did McDavid want in that situation? For our 4th line to go out there? They’d probably start something and McDavid would have complained about that too. The guy really can be a whinny brat… he might play like a champion, but he doesn’t act like one.

Maybe he doesn't see a difference between the units?

Man you don't remember Crosby's whining all the time, it got so bad Lemieux had to talk to him.

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

51 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Something that bothers me - I keep hearing how McDavid was whining about the Canucks using #1 power play late in the game when score was out of reach. But I thought I saw Canucks use their second PP unit first in those late opportunities, then give the number one until the remaining 30-40 seconds. Like seriously, what did McDavid want in that situation? For our 4th line to go out there? They’d probably start something and McDavid would have complained about that too. The guy really can be a whinny brat… he might play like a champion, but he doesn’t act like one.

He is just a whine... nothing more nothing less... bad loser and a bad winner.

Thank god we didn't have to hear that kind of pathetic talk when Sedin was our Captain... or others for that matter...

you take it on the chin, own up and move along. Bet you the Canucks will be so much more fired up because of that greetin faced tosser....

On a side note, he was crying about us playing the reserve goalie in the third. So what is it? Are we playing too strong a side or are we playing too weak a side?? He is just a lame loser....

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Which is why he'll never win a cup. Until he realizes he can't do it all himself. Ovi finally learned to play a team game and won a cup...which was a lot to do with Barry Trotz forcing him to play with others...Ovi went back to being Ovi after Trotz left and he'll never win another cup either if he keeps playing that way.

Crosby is a great example of a true top end player who gets it. He's all about his team.

Selfish hockey doesn't win championships, period.

McWahwah can put up 150 points every year all he wants but if he doesn't learn to share the ice and spread things around more he'll never lead Edmonton to a cup. Nor any other team he may be on in the future.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Its him trying to create bulletin board material for his team to draw anything to motivate them for tonight's game.

Its a whole lot of nothing burger. The guy needs to develop more thicker skin.

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Would they send down Hirose as well?

Maybe, but Studnicka would have to go down first because he is up only on emergency recall basis. Once the team has 18 healthy skaters, he has to be sent down right away. Hirose going down would be more cap related issues. 

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I just realized I have so much apprehension about this game because if we were to lose, the trolls would pounce. I'm not ready for that. I want to savour that win and another would be a great way to start the year. A statement because the Oilers are touted to be there in the end of it all and we're not. This team doesn't get the respect it deserves but certainly earned some last game. I agree re the comments making last game more about the Oilers not performing well...this team did what they had to and it's time for people to acknowledge that.

Go Canucks Go!!! 

I recorded the last half of game 1, and ended up skimming the GDT and PGT in the wee hours. It was a nice break from the predictable stream of trolling that ensues after a loss.

This new site has lots of potential for better GDT’s /PGT’s.

There’s a growing group that provide balanced observations (win or loss) like @JamesB and @The Duke. Condensed game gifs from @PhillipBlunt are always on point.  

There’s a slew of legacy CDC posters who’ve become more active again, and several new members (former lurkers, lol) that are welcome additions.

Lot’s of passionate knowledgeable fans to make this place great, and really just 4-5 engaged in regular trolling / attention-seeking after a loss (Account -> Ignored Users).

GCG!

Edited by Huggy Bear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

Can’t wait for this one.. should be some fire works after the last game. 

Hope Demko is feeling better. We’ll likely need him on his game to take down a fired up McCrysaitl. 

Big test to see if the boys can maintain that effort and structure after the adrenaline of the home opener has worn off. 

Going 2-0 to start the year against the Coil would be fabulous.

• Vintage 1