[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers, Oct 14 7PM PST, the Boeser 400

Rocket-68

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

8 of 12 Canucks forwards have now scored a goal (Boeser 4) just 2 games jnto the season.   That's decent depth

Oilers have only 3 players score a goal and only 1 5 on 5.

They ain't winning the cup like that. Why are they considered heavy favorites again?

Edited by 24K

3 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Been a battle.  Have the Edmonton McPowerplays scored an even strength goal yet this year?  

My friend who’s a flames fan was watching the game with me and I was complaining about the Joshua penalty and he’s like, “Haven’t you learned yet that if Mcdavid is even looking at the ice from the bench, it’s a penalty?”

• Haha 1

I dont have a problem with so many penalties I just wish they were roughing penalties, slashing, boarding even. We could kill a penalty no problem if its for the right reason. But tugging on someones jersey is a penalty now? If we got 4 or 5 boarding penalties in the first the refs wouldnt call that shit

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

You quoted a rule that didn't address the crease at all.

That was the first page I came across that showed the penalty shot rule....in the NHL.

67.2 Minor Penalty – Player - A player shall be permitted to catch the 
puck out of the air but must immediately place it or knock it down to 
the ice. A player shall be assessed a minor penalty for “closing his 
hand on the puck”: 
(i) If he catches it and skates with it, either to avoid a check or to gain a 
territorial advantage over his opponent; 
(ii) If he places his hand over the puck while it is on the ice in order to 
conceal it from or prevent an opponent from playing the puck; 
NOTE: When this is done in his team’s goal crease area, a penalty 
shot shall be assessed (67.4) or a goal awarded (67.5).

It's a combination of those two rules. He wouldn't have broken either of them.

Edit: and your original argument was for pulling the puck into him which is why I addressed this. It also mentions rule 67.4 which was the one I quoted to you before. 

Edited by MikeyD

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah we need 6 good D, not one good D on each pair approach. More moves to make. Soucy comes back and we still need on more RD to keep Hughes Hronek together. As that's our only good pairing. Cole is keeping Myers alive out there... But the team needs another good RD by next year we need two. 

Cole is money. Literally can't wait until Myers is bye bye.

• ThereItIs 1

We knew the Coilers where going to come out rolling tonight. luckily DeSmith is up to the task. He does seem to struggle with rebound control though. If he were able to absorb some of the initial shots it wouldn't look so terrible on the shot clock. But so far his been pretty good.