[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Not much you can do when BOTH goaltenders have a SV% of .750

There are stronger offenses than ours - they have every right to be panicking right now.  I mean, we typically get annihilated by McDavid.  This is a great change of pace.

That's what I just said.

• Haha 1

Just now, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Not true.  The officiating was pretty fair for the most part.

Ok so in Vancouver, the Oil got called on slashing, intent to injure, intent to kill.

In Edmonton, Canucks got called for pillow fighting.

Maybe the refs were fair, but next time we are due for some penalties the boys need to hit hard, hurt them instead of just grabbing a jersey or ticklling because those shoud not be penalties.

Canucks cannot wait for the likes of Mikheyev, Blueger, and Soucy to be healthy and ready to go.. Getting those 3 back will be great to help balance out the rest of the lineup's minutes. Additionally adding some more penalty killers to the group. 

Garland with 9:42 TOI

Hoglander with 8:14 TOI

Studnicka with 7:19 TOI

Thought these 3 did great with the limited amount of ice.

Hirose with 9:52 TOI

Juulsen with 12:36 TOI

Thought these two struggled, Juulsen in particular (I dont think he is NHL calibre, too many unforced errors from him - especially from a guy you get small minutes from, you need him to be more steady).

Notably Miller sat at 22 minutes and Hronek+Hughes 25+ minutes. Tough to sustain that over long periods of time. Nice to have options to lean on guys, but over an 82 game season, we need more depth or at least guys thats fit Tocchet's style. 

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Oilers won't win the cup, not enough power plays in the playoffs for them.  Never been impressed by the way they play the game, one of the teams I dislike the most.  

Agree. This team is not winning a cup. 

We actually are more well structured and have better overall depth and goaltending. 

For them, it's a pipe dream. 

"What's in your pipe?"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Canucks cannot wait for the likes of Mikheyev, Blueger, and Soucy to be healthy and ready to go.. Getting those 3 back will be great to help balance out the rest of the lineup's minutes. Additionally adding some more penalty killers to the group. 

Garland with 9:42 TOI

Hoglander with 8:14 TOI

Studnicka with 7:19 TOI

Thought these 3 did great with the limited amount of ice.

Hirose with 9:52 TOI

Juulsen with 12:36 TOI

Thought these two struggled, Juulsen in particular (I dont think he is NHL calibre, too many unforced errors from him - especially from a guy you get small minutes from, you need him to be more steady).

Notably Miller sat at 22 minutes and Hronek+Hughes 25+ minutes. Tough to sustain that over long periods of time. Nice to have options to lean on guys, but over an 82 game season, we need more depth or at least guys thats fit Tocchet's style. 

I think another poster mentioned that it was McDavid and Drai playing 25-26 minutes tonight. I wouldn't expect this to be the norm throughout the season. That is Hronek and Hughes playing that much that is.

Edited by nobigneil
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Not much you can do when BOTH goaltenders have a SV% of .750

There are stronger offenses than ours - they have every right to be panicking right now.  I mean, we typically get annihilated by McDavid.  This is a great change of pace.

It’s a great reminder how lucky we are to have Ian Clark. Dustin Schwartz has been the Oilers’ goalie coach since 2015/16.

IMG_9711.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Was it ugly at times? Yep.

But a cup favourite we embarrassed couldn't break us in a back to back rematch. 

This is huge for team psychology.

This is what happens when a team believes the press when they say that they will win the cup.  They drop games and start squeezing their sticks.

The Canucks played great in game 1 and won going away.  Tonight, not so much.  But I'll happily be the beneficiary of a team with their heads in the wrong place.

• Cheers 1