[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

Just now, Tusk said:

Yep a 1 million guy against a 6 million guy makes you feel like you got a deal eh

New management knows what they’re doing. They needed to complete the core with another elite (preferably right shot) D. Do out with Horfat Wallet in with Hronek. The spine of our club is really good. Demko, Hughes, Hronek, Petey, Miller. Management has been building the supporting cast. Adds like Mik, Kuz Missle, Cole, Soucy, Suter, Blueger, and recently deSmith, and Lafferty are important to play certain roles to support the core. Smart management. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

New management knows what they’re doing. They needed to complete the core with another elite (preferably right shot) D. Do out with Horfat Wallet in with Hronek. The spine of our club is really good. Demko, Hughes, Hronek, Petey, Miller. Management has been building the supporting cast. Adds like Mik, Kuz Missle, Cole, Soucy, Suter, Blueger, and recently deSmith, and Lafferty are important to play certain roles to support the core. Smart management. 

I agree wit all that but what is Brock doing, taking out your empties? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Dude really has looked incredible. And he didn't even get a full camp with us. Those plug and play kind of players every fanbase loves.

Thats what happens when a GM actually knows what hes doing, trying to build a team rather than just gathering players for $hits and giggles.

• ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Virtanen was dumb and out of shape. Podz is neither of those. He will be up and playing a supporting role. 

I hope so for Podz sake but after what we saw (or what we didn't see) in the preseason, I really hope it turns around for him. Looks good so far though in Abby. Im not sure its a slam dunk anymore that hes gonna be an nhler, hopefully im wrong. We need Podz to develop

Edited by filthy animal
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

We can shut that up by just winning finally this year. Well worth the crap

I just want to see the team win, I don't care if this team is made up of 1st rounders or a bunch of downhill 38 year olds. Get a good playoff run, nobody is going to care. Its been way way too long since this team and this city has come alive for hockey in April May and June

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

I hope so for Podz sake but after what we saw (or what we didn't see) in the preseason, I really hope it turns around for him. Looks good so far though in Utica. Im not sure its a slam dunk anymore that hes gonna be an nhler, hopefully im wrong. We need Podz to develop

Yup. Podz is very much a likeable person, that’s for sure. High character. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

I hope so for Podz sake but after what we saw (or what we didn't see) in the preseason, I really hope it turns around for him. Looks good so far though in Utica. Im not sure its a slam dunk anymore that hes gonna be an nhler, hopefully im wrong. We need Podz to develop

Podz in Utica? Ok are you a Toronto manager trying to infilltrate? Podz is in Abby. Fuck off buddy you dont belong here

Big take on the first two games.
The breakouts are clean and controlled. Last time they did that consistently was with the 2010-13 teams. Could be the influence of the two legends on the bench who patrolled some of the best blue lines in the history of the league. Who wouldn’t run through a wall for Tochett, Foote and Gonchar? Just need to get Myers to play a simple but aggressive game. 

• Cheers 1

This team is built differently. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I now look forward to facing the best teams in the league. How good are we actually? We'll continue to find out. The structure and systems are amazing. Sure we let tons of shots on net, but the way we kept the Oilers to the outside and kept their PP in check is incredible, especially for a team that was so abhorrently bad at it just last year. This is the kind of structure that teams use to go on deep playoff runs.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

This team is built differently. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I now look forward to facing the best teams in the league. How good are we actually? We'll continue to find out. The structure and systems are amazing. Sure we let tons of shots on net, but the way we kept the Oilers to the outside and kept their PP in check is incredible, especially for a team that was so abhorrently bad at it just last year. This is the kind of structure that teams use to go on deep playoff runs.

I just hope they can be fired up to pley the non-contending teams.

JT said he was looking forward to smashing MdDonalds all year and now... can he get motivated to play the weak teams?

6 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Big take on the first two games.
The breakouts are clean and controlled. Last time they did that consistently was with the 2010-13 teams. Could be the influence of the two legends on the bench who patrolled some of the best blue lines in the history of the league. Who wouldn’t run through a wall for Tochett, Foote and Gonchar? Just need to get Myers to play a simple but aggressive game. 

I think youre wrong to call out myers. Actually Heronick and even Hughes looked streached tonight and Myers and Cole looked amazing on the 5 on 3.

25 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Podz in Utica? Ok are you a Toronto manager trying to infilltrate? Podz is in Abby. Fuck off buddy you dont belong here

21 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

My mistake Abby I mean. The hell is your problem?

my problem is we got all these people on this site now who we dont know, and for you to come on and mention Utica means you are not a Canucks fan.

You are exactly the reason why we were a Canucks foroum before. I hope you get banned  and blocked.

• Sad 1

nice character win.. desmith stood on his head.. the canucks were badly outplayed for large stretches of the game and we won because of goaltending on our end and their end.. shot attempt this game was like 88 to 33.. and majority of them were high danger attempts not exactly a great game but kudos to desmith and the guys that took the opportunity and put it in the net... 

side note are we done with the garland experiment on the top line yet.. he's not a fit there.. and i thought EP looked much better when he was no longer playing with garland.. Garland likes to play with the puck.. but when you have EP and Kuzmenko that is much better than he is with the puck.. he needs to just go straight to the net look for the pass instead of trying to play with the puck.