[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

Annnnnd of course all tsn talks about is Matthews second straight game hattrick even though the leafs gave up 9 goals in the first two games. I guess they'll try to outscore their problems again in regular season and their offense dries out again in the playoffs.

Dont worry, we will get our chance to do the McDavid treatment of Mathews sometime this year.

Millar, Boeser, and anybody else will make some news or at least get sportsnet and TSN to stop talking about him.

1 minute ago, Dankmemes187 said:

at one point he's asked what his thoughts were on the defensive efforts...   "I think..... ugggghhh... errr well I think..... err ugggg... um..."  he chuckles and says well i dont think we played perfect.... blah blah blah earned 7 power plays, blah balh blah "made some good save" blah blah blah "I think our powerplay was good" Blah blah blah "I think the goalie situation will sort itself out organically next week" this man will be fired in the next 2 weeks

yeah its going to take a few losses but they will get there if they keep losing.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Love this guy. We have a legit backup now.

He sure doesn’t look like a hockey player though. Just showed my wife and mentioned that to her. She laughed and said he looks more like a physiotherapist who seems nice but about to inflict some pain! 

He sure talks like one though

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, drdeath said:

Oilers had their first Power Play unit out there for an "interesting" amount of time in that third period. They even called a timeout to get more time from them. I wonder if Connor McDavid would think that's "interesting"?

Not to mention that late game TV time out lmao, my 8 year old was like what? Another one? And I followed " this is their way of giving them one last chance!" Thank God our boys pulled through huge win against not just the team but the Refs/league 

13 minutes ago, Jatt Sharabi said:

Loved this game, gritty but the canucks fought hard and earned that W. Way to go boys 🤘👏

Agreed, a lot more fight in this version of the Canucks. Oilers came out hungry this game but the player s stuck with it. A lot of shots against but never felt like the team was out of control...unlike last year where this game would have been an L.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shekky said:

yeah its going to take a few losses but they will get there if they keep losing.

the point is they will start winning because they are not playing the Canucks.

They are an elite team still. We just fucked them over twice but we are going to do that to vegas, Toronto, Tampa.... 

1 minute ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

Another low shot count goalie win. Not the best way to win games. Much work to do still imo but there are some bright spots..

To be fair the oilers had what, 6 power plays? That’s where they got most of their shots. Outside the PP they didn’t seem dangerous at all. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Lucky to win this one, but the boys battled hard. Juulsens turnover on the pk that lead to the goal really deflated the boys. I like our battle, Desmith was great. Longtime lurker at Canucks.com forums, happy to be here. 

Welcome aboard

IMG_9932.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Giving Garland a mulligan this week due to flu

Haha! Yeah, to hell with all of the positive stuff, let's just dive in and create and dwell on the shit where there is none! 

Obviously not intended for you, just the shit disturber you were responding to. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Petey the Puck Whisperer said:

Another low shot count goalie win. Not the best way to win games. Much work to do still imo but there are some bright spots..

Not a single goal we scored was lucky.

only one oiler goal was a good shot and the rest were sucky lucky fucky. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

McBaby didn’t come out tonight.  He needed to change his diaper and get a new soother…

I told my kids he is not a good model athlete man, never acknowledges failure. Huge flaw. Always excuses etc every time. Minus the end of season "cup or bust" bs .. 

Edited by Rick_theRyper
  • Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1