[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Hogs played pretty good tonight.

Podkolzin had 2 goals last night in Abby. 

Hope he puts it all together and is a big part of this team soon. .

My favorite player on the team . He was captain of his Russian junior team. Real stud. 

Apparently Tocchet loves Podz. Just a matter of time and get some more development in Abby. 

All he needs is confidence... He's always been to serious about everything.  He's not been a goofy young guy.  He got married early... Now a child.  Once he treats his work like an escape from life duties he'll be golden. Lol!  Just needs to go out there and play.  He's a beast.  Once he chills a bit, he'll be a force... The kind of winger we could really use to put us in a position if true contention.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

the point is they will start winning because they are not playing the Canucks.

They are an elite team still. We just fucked them over twice but we are going to do that to vegas, Toronto, Tampa.... 

Well I did say if they keep losing. Its not out of the realm of possibility that they go on a losing streak.

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I told my kids he is not a good model athlete man, never accepts failure. Huge flaw. Always excuses etc every time. Minus the end of season "cup or bust" bs .. 

As good a player as he is... he's got a shitty, self-centered attitude. 

I'd rather have Hughes, Petey or Miller as a model, and a Captain, any day. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

McBaby didn’t come out tonight.  He needed to change his diaper and get a new soother…

he didnt take a late penalty, was too scared of the 1st power play. poor little tyke, feel sorry for his wife stuck on constant diaper duty the past week, good practise when they have kids though

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Agree. This team is not winning a cup. 

We actually are more well structured and have better overall depth and goaltending. 

For them, it's a pipe dream. 

"What's in your pipe?"

Yeah, man!  Agreed.  Bro, Oilers not even close.  Remember the 2011 Canucks, wow!  Now that was a hockey team.  

Oilers getting all this love from media types.  Same dumb asses who hated our 2011 team.  We're gonna be so good, they're gonna hate us all over again.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Sounds like a plan,then make Myers skate hard in all practices until he looks like an NHL dman.

This Myers bandwagon shit is trash.

Myers and Cole and Millar killed the long 5 on 3 and fuck you, is way better than Soucy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

This Myers bandwagon shit is trash.

Myers and Cole and Millar killed the long 5 on 3 and fuck you, is way better than Soucy

The Soucy part might be true,but is he really our PK king?Gets beat all night like by average skaters. Not chasing Virtanen out there.

Said it near the end of the GDT, but feel it bears repeating:

Media keeps calling our play the RT Game Plan. As if it’s a fleeting occurrence. This is just Canucks hockey now and the wins are going to keep on coming.

With a few more of these days, I’d put good money on the media pivoting to the narrative of all the things that “need to go right” are “just going right” for us right now; as if waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Actually it's great for us. Gives us time to get healthy 

not really i rather they have a more even schedule than cram everything in certain months when the players are tired our november and feb looks very busy while our oct and march hardly have any games on it

2 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Yeah, man!  Agreed.  Bro, Oilers not even close.  Remember the 2011 Canucks, wow!  Now that was a hockey team.  

Oilers getting all this love from media types.  Same dumb asses who hated our 2011 team.  We're gonna be so good, they're gonna hate us all over again.

Obviously it's because of McBaby and DryBaby... that they're getting all of the love. But, they aren't even close to being a championship team. 

Although this is just the start of the season, these guys are nowhere near a contending team. 

I know it's just the beginning, but our team is much better structured and has way more depth. 

The Soilers are shittin' the bed, as always. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I could really get to like this guy, he is exactly what you want on L4. Studnicka, with his extra jump, also looked good out there.

I’m trying to think if there is another D I would trade Hughes for, but I can’t think of one. Hronek is also a real find - but I think he will cost a lot of dough next contract. I hope Petey likes this team enough to leave a couple of slices of bread on the table. I can’t think of a single player who didn’t earn his pay the past couple of games. Only eighty to go for the regular season…

• Vintage 1

After two games against what is supposed to be one of the prime contenders in the west, not a single Canuck Carrie’s a minus in his plus/minus. Perhaps a time when +/- has meaning. A lot of playing on the inside in these two games, keeping the Oilers to the outside as much as possible.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Myers had a couple rough shifts to start the game and then drew the penalty that led to 1-1, transitioned the 2-1 goal from his zone to the O zone before changing right before the goal, killed that 5 on 3 and ended the game a +1 in almost 20 minutes for the night. 

He had a pretty good game against a cup contender.  

He also one handed Mcdavid away from the net in the 3rd without taking a penalty, seems like a low ball praise but late in the game it was a big (small) play too! The guy has a lot of talent just ... Ugh I don't even know he's an enigma?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1