[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Agreed. I was just settling in to watch the game, knowing the Oilers were going to come out, "all guns ablazing", then they  score, and I look, there's Myers. And I'm like WTF? Who in their right mind would have this clown out there knowing these guys were coming out firing on all cylinders? 

Dumb friggin' coaching choice. Period.

and then Myers and Cole kill the 5 on 3 and you realized you are an idiot?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

one more comment couldn't hurt... 

Myers of 2 and 3 seasons ago was playing with Adam Gaudette/beagle and the 4th line more so than any other player... and had to contend with Green's Genius of consistent double shifting the guy. And well last year, he had to contend with a injured and washed up OEL who was a terrible fit for his style... lets not forget 4 seasons ago with Edler, him and eddy had about a 82.5% pk percentage on the number 1 pk unit... he has played great with us when matched with a Eddy like player AKA "Cole"

Edler was awesome,the 2nd coming of Mattias Ohlund. Think I could play a decent game paired up with him.

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

The chance oilers finish top 3 in the west is a damn good chance. I hate everyone but the nucks since I was a kid watching the 94run with my dad.. but man the are favourites for top 2 in our division, outside the west Colorado and Dallas maybe? Point being they're in the midst. If you choose to lay out lame insults over facts that's your choice. But only you can believe your "problems" 

People call the pretenders because lack of team defense and goaltending and over reliance on the pp for most of their goals. 

Bad d and goaltending get exposed in the playoffs and the deeper you go in the playoffs, the number of pp a team gets also goes down. 

They will be a great regular season team but their overall team and strategy will not allow them to do well in the playoffs. That have been shown through the years. 

• ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

First of all, Edmonton is not a cup contender. 

That's the media talking. 

Secondly, whoever chose to put Myers out on the first shift is an absolute idiot. Period. 

Who in their right mind wouldn't expect an onslaught right from the get-go and have a guy out there who's just a give away machine? 

He's not the guy you want out there. 

Myers always tries to be more than what he is and should be. That's why he's always causing chaos. 

If he managed those numbers tonight, good on him. But he is not someone you want a team that is going to contend, and definitely not someone I'd have on my team.

Yup we gotta unload Myers - he’s ok for a low minute low risk d man but ya - he’s a liability- he is making better plays this year but he needs to be let go 

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Agreed. I was just settling in to watch the game, knowing the Oilers were going to come out, "all guns ablazing", then they  score, and I look, there's Myers. And I'm like WTF? Who in their right mind would have this clown out there knowing these guys were coming out firing on all cylinders? 

Dumb friggin' coaching choice. Period.

Also tho who do we start? Hronek took a early high hit to the head from Kane.. we need a young minute eating pair definitely bud.. can't always put Hughes and Hronek out blocking shots and shit. Need puck munchers. Lol Kevin Bieksa said I've never seen anyone as tough as Tanev a guy who would block shots with his face. (jokingly) but not.. that guy should have been our captain after H Sedin 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yup we gotta unload Myers - he’s gotta go- or he’s gotta learn how to play smarter - 

Thing is, if the Canucks are in playoff contention, why would the team unload him? But if the team keeps him, then he could and is likely to walk into free agency for nothing. 

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

The chance oilers finish top 3 in the west is a damn good chance. I hate everyone but the nucks since I was a kid watching the 94run with my dad.. but man the are favourites for top 2 in our division, outside the west Colorado and Dallas maybe? Point being they're in the midst. If you choose to lay out lame insults over facts that's your choice. But only you can believe your "problems" 

We'll see. 

Obviously I'm aware of what they've done the past few seasons, but they're a joke. 

There's no way in hell based on their current roster, attitude and approach to the game these monkeys will ever win a cup. 

Each to their own.

9 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah exactly he should be in just @ 4.5-4.75? He's big but not mobile, at times clumsy, he can box guys out, with the right guy he is a solid #2 RD but without that defensive guy it's a tough sale eh. I noticed Julsen and Hirose just weren't ready. Or the skill isn't there. Long term at least. We need to hunt down a 25 yr old RD once again before the TDL or at (at a surplus) 

nah... he's ok but in todays nhl is worth less just due to his numbers and the fact he needs a steady top 4 dman to cover his weakness... i'd be happy paying him in the soucy cole range, not much more

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yup we gotta unload Myers - he’s ok for a low minute low risk d man but ya - he’s a liability- he is making better plays this year but he needs to be let go 

Myers is an absolute liability. You'll never win a championship with him on your team. 

GONE! 

• Like 3

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Need a very solid forward with size and speed ?

We have Mikheyev coming!!!

Need a big 6'5 210lbs defense man who can clear the crease and be a very good 3rd pair guy to stabilize the Defense??

We have Soucy coming 

Also a good 4th liner C/LW who will improve the 4th line? 

We have Blueger on the way. 

Can't wait to see this team when fully healthy.

Mikheyev and Soucy will have a big affect on the team. Bug improvements on D and F 

True.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

People call the pretenders because lack of team defense and goaltending and over reliance on the pp for most of their goals. 

Bad d and goaltending get exposed in the playoffs and the deeper you go in the playoffs, the number of pp a team gets also goes down. 

They will be a great regular season team but their overall team and strategy will not allow them to do well in the playoffs. That have been shown through the years. 

Oh I get it, just Im not going to go out and be to arrogant quite yet lol. Trust me I know and hate the oilers. 

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

We'll see. 

Obviously I'm aware of what they've done the past few seasons, but they're a joke. 

There's no way in hell based on their current roster, attitude and approach to the game these monkeys will ever win a cup. 

Each to their own.

Yeah I don't think they are guaranteed the second round or anything just not going to get on my high horse yet

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Also tho who do we start? Hronek took a early high hit to the head from Kane.. we need a young minute eating pair definitely bud.. can't always put Hughes and Hronek out blocking shots and shit. Need puck munchers. Lol Kevin Bieksa said I've never seen anyone as tough as Tanev a guy who would block shots with his face. (jokingly) but not.. that guy should have been our captain after H Sedin 

Myers is not the guy. He shouldn't even be on this team. 

I'd rather have started Cole and Hughes. 

Myers is a major liability in spite of his numbers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True.

Only trade. Looking to make when Mikheyev is good to go is Beau with a pick for a 27- RD to help now. I'm not sure Julsen is it. And Myers is gone next year so fill that now, so next season we're giving Petey a raise And find a #3 RD instead with that $$$ 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Need a very solid forward with size and speed ?

We have Mikheyev coming!!!

Need a big 6'5 210lbs defense man who can clear the crease and be a very good 3rd pair guy to stabilize the Defense??

We have Soucy coming 

Also a good 4th liner C/LW who will improve the 4th line? 

We have Blueger on the way. 

Can't wait to see this team when fully healthy.

Mikheyev and Soucy will have a big affect on the team. Big improvements on D and F 

I agree. I think the team has started well, but the next four games on the road will also be telling. They have a long ways to go still with the road trip. But your right. I can't wait for Soucy and Blueger to come back to the line up. Reinforcements coming, and the team is holding their ground with the Oilers having both McDavid and Draistl as part of the Oilers offense. Gutsy game tonight in Edmonton, consider the media has been drumming how pissed off Edmonton was. At the end of the day, we won

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Myers is an absolute liability. You'll never win a championship with him on your team. 

GONE! 

do you actually watch the games or just read the Province? Just loving the Elliot Freedman? Watch alot of them pod thinginys?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Only trade. Looking to make when Mikheyev is good to go is Beau with a pick for a 27- RD to help now. I'm not sure Julsen is it. And Myers is gone next year so fill that now, so next season we're giving Petey a raise And find a #3 RD instead with that $$$ 

What 27+ right handed defenseman will you get by offering Beau in a trade? 

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Myers is not the guy. He shouldn't even be on this team. 

I'd rather have started Cole and Hughes. 

Myers is a major liability in spite of his numbers.

Ok 

Hughes Cole?

Or 

Cole Hughes?

How does the rest of the game go? 

I don't condone Myers' gaffs. I know we need to make a trade for an actual RD outside Hronek. As is we have one good one (RD) Myers isn't going anywhere without a 2nd attached so for now him and Cole are doing alright. The focus should be a trade involving a RD to play with Cole and Myers goes #3 RD 

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Ok 

Hughes Cole?

Or 

Cole Hughes?

How does the rest of the game go? 

I don't condone Myers' gaffs. I know we need to make a trade for an actual RD outside Hronek. As is we have one good one (RD) Myers isn't going anywhere without a 2nd attached so for now him and Cole are doing alright. The focus should be a trade involving a RD to play with Cole and Myers goes #3 RD 

I get that Myers isn't going anywhere immediately. But he's the worst possible D to be out there on the first shift against the Oilers, at their home opener, after we humiliated them 8-1. You seriously don't think they're coming out firing on all cylinders? Myers is a chaos. Who in their right mind would even consider putting him out there on the opening faceoff? 

• Cheers 1