[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Gonna be a little later in the season to see where the team is and what teams are trending down. But Beau and a 1st if we're in a playoff hunt. 

You are legit. but really glad the Canucks management are smarter than you.

15 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

The chance oilers finish top 3 in the west is a damn good chance. I hate everyone but the nucks since I was a kid watching the 94run with my dad.. but man the are favourites for top 2 in our division,outside the west (Pacific) Colorado and Dallas maybe? Point being they're in the midst. If you choose to lay out lame insults over facts that's your choice. But only you can believe your "problems" 

I love the fact that they are paying Darnell 9.5 sheets a year to be a factor. And we think Myers contract is a massive overpayment. 

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 2

7 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I get that Myers isn't going anywhere immediately. But he's the worst possible D to be out there on the first shift against the Oilers, at their home opener, after we humiliated them 8-1. You seriously don't think they're coming out firing on all cylinders? Myers is a chaos. Who in their right mind would even consider putting him out there on the opening faceoff? 

A good defense coach.

6 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I get that Myers isn't going anywhere immediately. But he's the worst possible D to be out there on the first shift against the Oilers, at their home opener, after we humiliated them 8-1. You seriously don't think they're coming out firing on all cylinders? Myers is a chaos. Who in their right mind would even consider putting him out there on the opening faceoff? 

Yeah and We are lucky your boy Hronek isn't injured on that early hit to the head. 

What I mean is you gotta put guys out to weather the storm. And Hughes or Hronek aren't that either. I don't think Myers is defensively but at least physically he can handle that high hit that Kane did. I don't think we have the right personal either. But I'll take a goal over an Injury to a top D any day 

• Thanks 1

That was a gritty effort with some timely goals.  In terms of their D system tonight, I though it was about average -
given the number of quality chances and pressure the Oilers had from the second period onward - however the Oilers have one of the best duos in hockey and you will not be facing that kind of firepower every night.  Overall a good effort and a well deserved rest for tomorrow as they head out on this road trip.  Since they won, I am happy.

They should prepare accordingly for the Flyers game on Tuesday  as Philly will be fired up for their home opener  - I believe we lost to them last year also in the home opener so hopefully tighten up things this time and get a positive result.  Points now mean as much as those you get in April.

10 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I love the fact that they are paying Darnell 9.5 sheets a year to be a factor. And we think Myers contract is a massive overpayment. 

Myers is an overpayment, so is Nurse more so? Sure maybe, but what's the point? Doesn't make Myers 6 any more paletiable. And I'm on of the ones rooting for him. Cuz he ain't going anywhere this year lol 

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Myers is an overpayment, so is Nurse more so? Sure maybe, but what's the point? Doesn't make Myers 6 any more paletiable. And I'm on of the ones rooting for him. Cuz he ain't going anywhere this year lol 

We will see McWard up pretty soon. Juulsson is terrible. That will lower Myers’ minutes. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

55 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

He also one handed Mcdavid away from the net in the 3rd without taking a penalty, seems like a low ball praise but late in the game it was a big (small) play too! The guy has a lot of talent just ... Ugh I don't even know he's an enigma?

Wrapped in a mystery inside a riddle?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah and We are lucky your boy Hronek isn't injured on that early hit to the head. 

What I mean is you gotta put guys out to weather the storm. And Hughes or Hronek aren't that either. I don't think Myers is defensively but at least physically he can handle that high hit that Kane did. I don't think we have the right personal either. But I'll take a goal over an Injury to a top D any day 

Yeah, sure. He definitely handled that really well, didn't he? 

Which led to a goal. 

Sure, it could happen to anyone, but he's well known to be a give away machine. 

Doesn't compute.

15 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Well the guys "in their right mind" being the defence coaching staff, also put Myers and Cole and Miller on a long 5 on 3 Penalty kill.

Its about time for you to admit Myers is a better asset than ANYONE we could trade him for.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

I didn't like what I saw from Jully tonight 

Soucy will be back and play with McWard. Myers minutes will come down to 14-16. Myers is fine when he’s playing in his role with the system. He’s a big guy with a huge reach. He is good on the PK eating pucks. 5 on 5 he is playing over his head right now. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Yeah, sure. He definitely handled that really well, didn't he? 

Which led to a goal. 

Sure, it could happen to anyone, but he's well known to be a give away machine. 

Doesn't compute.

Desmith was chaotic as well too, to me the Joshua giveaway also stands out that put them on the PP and Mc David scores.. to each is own. Long story short Myer gone . We have 1 nhl Rd 

27 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Thing is, if the Canucks are in playoff contention, why would the team unload him? But if the team keeps him, then he could and is likely to walk into free agency for nothing. 

Myers is worth to a team that is on bubble and is not on the list of 10-team NTC more than us.  We can be both, buyer/seller at the same time.  We sell Myers for prospects/picks if a team that has a cap space and is in playoff chase by late February.   With newly created cap space, we can become a buyer without giving up much with other team using moving parts. Like for example, seller/buyer strategy used in Horvat trade in obtaining Hronek as an example.   If one of McWard is ready for a call-up in mid-season and is actually better than Myers in a depth chart.  We can go with this route.  there are so many teams lacking 5-6 D and Myers can fit in the bill if any of those teams has some cap space left.   

I'm talking about selling Myers to teams that are between 10-18th and few points between them and we are top 8 if it comes to that point.  We become a buyer to any bottom team looking to unload with expiring contract better D than Myers for example.   It is not possible for 32 teams to know of any details of whatever talks they are in.  

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Myers is worth to a team that is on bubble and is not on the list of 10-team NTC more than us.  We can be both, buyer/seller at the same time.  We sell Myers for prospects/picks if a team that has a cap space and is in playoff chase by late February.   With newly created cap space, we can become a buyer without giving up much with other team using moving parts. Like for example, seller/buyer strategy used in Horvat trade in obtaining Hronek as an example.   If one of McWard is ready for a call-up in mid-season and is actually better than Myers in a depth chart.  We can go with this route.  there are so many teams lacking 5-6 D and Myers can fit in the bill if any of those teams has some cap space left.   

I'm talking about selling Myers to teams that are between 10-18th and few points between them and we are top 8 if it comes to that point.  We become a buyer to any bottom team looking to unload with expiring contract better D than Myers for example.   It is not possible for 32 teams to know of any details of whatever talks they are in.  

So, another team wants to lower Myers value? Nashville? you sound like a Nashville guy

• ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Soucy will be back and play with McWard. Myers minutes will come down to 14-16. Myers is fine when he’s playing in his role with the system. He’s a big guy with a huge reach. He is good on the PK eating pucks. 5 on 5 he is playing over his head right now. 

Too be FAAAIR I think Myers has been used incorrectly for years now. If they can figure it out he is the best giraffe the canucks ever had.

• ThereItIs 1