[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

5 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

You said "he is and was the backup at the time... Don't understand the is part. Also mention Martin wining two games... One being a 3-0 ot loss...?  

i didnt say anything about martin winning 2 games? i said he stood on his head in the 2 loss and stole us a point in each game?? not sure if you are just trying to be a grammar police or what.. demko stole us game during the bubble playoff and he was the backup at the time prior to markstrom getting injured.. there happy?

7 hours ago, iceman1964 said:

Well when you have that much cap into 2 players, the rest of the roster suffers right? 

Let us hope Petey realizes this and keeps his new contract demands reasonable. I'm hoping he puts winning a cup with us over just getting stinkin rich.

• Upvote 3

fucking McPowerplay was so annoying... falling, whining, bitching all the way through... but at the same time we also took dumb penalties after dumb penalties, which is a bold strategy against the Oilers. I mean, you know how easily the Oilers get these PPs awarded, so they should have been a bit more careful about it. But I guess only 1 goal for them on 5on5 in two games, the rest were all PP goals? lol...

On the other hand, Lafferty is quickly becoming one of my fav players, Hughes is so fantastic and confident, broke up several breakaways, I just love the guy. Pettersson was fantastic on the Studnicka goal, so unselfish and smart at the same time, holding off the defender like that. DeSmith is a hero, but I felt like he was a bit all over the place, giving me a heart attack every time the Oilers were swarming the crease.

This was an ugly win, but it is a win, which is so refreshing. 2-0, I love it!

Those gambling ads are unbearable... they should regulate that garbage.

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Philly, Tampa and Florida next, Nashville and St. Louis after. 
Looks like hitting TB and Florida at right time. Could actually have a good start for once if effort keeps up. 
JTM  has been as good at the start this year as he was bad at the start of last year. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i didnt say anything about martin winning 2 games? i said he stood on his head in the 2 loss and stole us a point in each game?? not sure if you are just trying to be a grammar police or what.. demko stole us game during the bubble playoff and he was the backup at the time prior to markstrom getting injured.. there happy?

Relax bud... Your writing is confusing tis all.  But your right... I just needed coffee.  I'll wait to respond to confusing posts... Post coffee lol!  However, I make plenty of typos... I just attempt to correct them so that my posts are more clear.  I'm not perfect, but I make effort.  You do you.

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Cheers 1

I'm happy that Hogs showed what he can do. Thought he was on the bubble after game 1. If he can keep it up, we will miss Garland less 5 on 5 if he gets moved.

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

That hit on Crysaitel by JT. What a thing of beauty. This edition of the Oilers is downright embarrassing with their diving and flopping. No shame.

Miller was a beast last night. Anyone still whining about him is just a sore loser.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tusk said:

do you work for edmonton? You trying to get a trade with retention?

Myers killed that 3 on 5 with millar and cole. 

You are not a defensive coach.

I know right just enjoy the win. Why the need to pick on one of our players after that gritty win. I thought Myers was good last night. Sure some mistakes happen under that kind of pressure. I thoroughly enjoyed that game.

This team under Tocc and Foote, look to be shaping up to be hard to play against, hard nose, defence first mentality!  Seriously... The last time we had a team with that mentality was the Pat Quinn era teams!  My favorite teams!  Character, tough.... Not dirty... Unless the other team starts it first!  Won't get pushed around, win in the trenches.  Perfect for playoffs!  Once Soucy, Bluegar and Miky are playing and Demko is back... Watch out.  I think this team can hang with anyone in the West.  Not the best team in the West but top 3rd in the West.  But more than where they are in the standings.... I'm so excited for this brand of hockey!!!!  Bout' friggin' time!!!

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

After two games against what is supposed to be one of the prime contenders in the west, not a single Canuck Carrie’s a minus in his plus/minus. Perhaps a time when +/- has meaning. A lot of playing on the inside in these two games, keeping the Oilers to the outside as much as possible.

Most of the Coiler goals are scored on their [Gifted by the officials] power plays. The opposing players aren't given a minus for that thankfully.

Very annoyed that Juulsen & Myers are on our team. One should never be in the NHL and the other should have been out of the league a couple years ago. 

Oilers goal 1 - Myers did his usual snow angel move deep in our zone while we were under pressure and was too slow to get back up before Drai scored. Typical Myers move, see it every game. 

Oilers goal 2 - Juulsen gave the puck away straight up the middle in our own zone to Drai who began the play leading to a McDavid goal.

Either trade Myers or don’t play him.

Send Juulsen back down and if you have to, use a lefty to play the right side. 

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Anyone still want Boudreau back?

Coaching has to get a star in these first 2 games. Still a work in progress but the puck support and work ethic  has been pretty good. 

Jimmy I can't agree that Hogs was on the bubble after Game 1. I thought he had a solid game and in Game 2 he again retrieved pucks set up a goal and then scored. What I saw from him was a auto fallback on the d-side instead of the o-zone gambles he was making last couple of years. Yes, Miller was awesome!

On the d-side the fact that Hirose and Juulson could each play about 14 - 15 minutes was great. Yes, a few gaffes but these 2 need reps at the NHL level. Not sure when Soucy comes back in but he will make a big dif. Cole played a lot of TOI last night. 

I hate to get back on the 'reffing' but some of those calls were bad. The non call on Nurse for slew footing Petey was out of line. 

I wasn't convinced that Hogs did enough game 1 to not be the odd man out when Mik is back but now I think Tocc has some hard choices to make assuming Garland isn't moved. Which is great.

Yep the culture is actually changing, it's not just talk anymore.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Coaching has to get a star in these first 2 games. Still a work in progress but the puck support and work ethic  has been pretty good. 

Jimmy I can't agree that Hogs was on the bubble after Game 1. I thought he had a solid game and in Game 2 he again retrieved pucks set up a goal and then scored. What I saw from him was a auto fallback on the d-side instead of the o-zone gambles he was making last couple of years. Yes, Miller was awesome!

On the d-side the fact that Hirose and Juulson could each play about 14 - 15 minutes was great. Yes, a few gaffes but these 2 need reps at the NHL level. Not sure when Soucy comes back in but he will make a big dif. Cole played a lot of TOI last night. 

I hate to get back on the 'reffing' but some of those calls were bad. The non call on Nurse for slew footing Petey was out of line. 

Agree on all counts

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

He's big and can handle a situation but also can't hand too much situation no matter how big lol? 

We had come out of that situation down a goal. But with that aggressive start the Coilers had at least we didn't have any injuries. The way they charged the crease a less bigger defense could have been injured. The coaches probably anticipated the onslaught and decided accordingly.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I wasn't convinced that Hogs did enough game 1 to not be the odd man out when Mik is back but now I think Tocc has some hard choices to make assuming Garland isn't moved. Which is great.

Yep the culture is actually changing, it's not just talk anymore.

Yes, Mik coming back will cause a problem for some players. My hope is that Garland is moved quickly. His game on the d-side is just not strong enough to keep RT happy is my guess. This road trip might answer a few questions. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Yah...  blatant disregard by refs... But also the commentators.  If that would have been on Mcdavid... They would have played that over and over again and called for someones head.  Truth is.... As long as Mcdavid and Driesidel are being reff'd with favor, they won't win when it matters.  We all know the game changrs un the post season.  They have been conditioned.... They expect to get the calls.  They're entitled.  That attitude won't win you the cup.  Case and point, when Nurse slew footed Petey.... Petey just got up and kept on going... Barely made anything of it.  

I had to mute the tv and turn on the radio. Even with the delay. Singh doesn't even know our players names 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I had to mute the tv and turn on the radio. Even with the delay. Singh doesn't even know our players names 

I really don't have an issue with that play by play team........Singh has improved a lot over the last few years

15 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

He's been the difference so far this year. Just before the 5 on 3 pk, Miller and Hronek were listening to him for instruction. His experience is what this team has needed for 3 seasons. We don't need Tanev back, nudge nudge.

For sure, that should have been a penalty. I sure hope McJesus and Drai don't go through the entire year playing the blame game. Mc sure looked frustrated out there, not a good look at all. 

• Like 1

We're underdogs... Not expected to do much.  Overlooked... Maybe for good reason... We've been a shit show for years.  But this team has all the pieces needed to make some noise and surprise.  With the current leadership, who have a track record of winning and knowing what it takes to win.  As Tocc says "we need to be okay with being uncomfortable..."  This will be a fun year me thinks!

• Cheers 1