[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

Just now, Johngould21 said:

For sure, that should have been a penalty. I sure hope McJesus and Drai don't go through the entire year playing the blame game. Mc sure looked frustrated out there, not a good look at all. 

I hope they do as it gets them off their game and eventually officials are going to get sick of it

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Yes, Mik coming back will cause a problem for some players. My hope is that Garland is moved quickly. His game on the d-side is just not strong enough to keep RT happy is my guess. This road trip might answer a few questions. 

Well if Friedman is correct there is at least some level of interest so fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

I really don't have an issue with that play by play team........Singh has improved a lot over the last few years

Really? The lack of coverage on what our players are doing or is happening to them is ok ? You're ok with us not getting our own broadcast team for our home opener? It bugs me and I get why people use "alternative" streaming and won't pay for it.

1 minute ago, Redhdlois said:

He seems to be on after every game.  Why do they allow it ?!?  

It's easy 

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Redhdlois said:

He seems to be on after every game.  Why do they allow it ?!?  

I enjoyed hearing the pessimism, it was really funny to hear after such a big win.  

Did anybody hear that guy PK on Kingsway call in?  

Love his calls haha 

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Really? The lack of coverage on what our players are doing or is happening to them is ok ? You're ok with us not getting our own broadcast team for our home opener? It bugs me and I get why people use "alternative" streaming and won't pay for it.

It's easy 

But that's not the decision of the broadcast team, that's Sportsnet.  

And of course I want our own broadcast team doing Van games

Edited by stawns

Just now, Bob Long said:

How Singh chooses to cover a game is. He literally doesn't know half our team, it's unprofessional. Add to that he simply ignores anything negative happening by an Oilers player. He's a hack. 

And I disagree.  I thought they both talked very complimentary about the Canucks on both games.  

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

How Singh chooses to cover a game is. He literally doesn't know half our team, it's unprofessional. Add to that he simply ignores anything negative happening by an Oilers player. He's a hack. 

Was Shorty sick or out of town for the first Toylers game in Van? Hope it's not a contractual thing.

If he was ready to go, why couldn't he? The one and only downer from that fist blow-out game, was the

lack of home town play by play. No clue?

I know it's very early on in the season but it's often hard to beat a team back-to-back like that, even in the regular season. That's a sign of solid coaching, you see it a lot in the playoffs when teams just run riot and sweep another team. In the first game I don't think Edmonton played particularly well but in this last game they threw everything they had at us and it still wasn't enough despite our backup goalie playing and us dressing two AHL defencemen. Our big defencemen Cole, Hughes and Hronek logged something like 23-25 minutes so it'll be interesting to watch that over the course of the season. At least we're not breaking Hughes' back anymore but Cole and Hronek are playing big time minutes (obviously lots on the PK tonight). 

Looking at our roster right now we look pretty solid but there are some fringe AHL/NHLers we could replace with a trade for a top guy. Our scoring is coming from everywhere right now so wouldn't be too fussed about acquiring a top-6 winger, but boy could we use a top-4 defenceman to get send Hirose and Juulsen back down to the AHL.

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

And I disagree.  I thought they both talked very complimentary about the Canucks on both games.  

And I see a real lack of preparation on Singh's part. Compare it to how Shorty handles a game.

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Was Shorty sick or out of town for the first Toylers game in Van? Hope it's not a contractual thing.

If he was ready to go, why couldn't he? The one and only downer from that fist blow-out game, was the

lack of home town play by play. No clue?

Dunno.

I’m not sure if Casey D is just one of those guys that is always happy. But it was awesome to see how he just couldn’t stop smiling during his interview after the game. I kind of get the feeling that he might be a little “buddy the elf” “I just like smiling “ “smiling is my favourite”. Great add for the room, and he played really well too. A little all over the place at times. But stopping the puck and calmly things down when the coilers were finding so flow. He deserved the win. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

And I see a real lack of preparation on Singh's part. Compare it to how Shorty handles a game.

Dunno.

There's your problem, what's the point of comparing?  Shorty is an outlier, not the norm, imo.  I care less about how well they know players and more about how they make the game feel and Singh has grown a lot........and I like DeBrusk

1 minute ago, John McClane said:

I’m not sure if Casey D is just one of those guys that is always happy. But it was awesome to see how he just couldn’t stop smiling during his interview after the game. I kind of get the feeling that he might be a little “buddy the elf” “I just like smiling “ “smiling is my favourite”. Great add for the room, and he played really well too. A little all over the place at times. But stopping the puck and calmly things down when the coilers were finding so flow. He deserved the win. 

I felt like that was an interview he had practiced since he was a little kid.  The enthusiasm was genuine

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Soucy will be back and play with McWard. Myers minutes will come down to 14-16. Myers is fine when he’s playing on another team in his role with the system. He’s a big guy with a huge reach. He is good on the PK eating pucks. 5 on 5 he is playing over his head right now. 

Fixed it for you.