[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I've liked Hirose! But I still think he needs some AHL time in Abby and work with the staff down there to get his game. I feel like he needs to get stronger, but maybe that's just my observation? 

What do you think is the best outcome for the team on this road trip? 4-2?

I think hirose would be better in Abby as well and Wolanin should be in Van

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I've liked Hirose! But I still think he needs some AHL time in Abby and work with the staff down there to get his game. I feel like he needs to get stronger, but maybe that's just my observation? 

What do you think is the best outcome for the team on this road trip? 4-2?

I don't like predictions. But I'd say that's the realistic best outcome. But OTL's will be valuable, if we even get those. Those are points that will be critical if the team is to make the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yea, I think if the club can continue to win and play hard and structured like they have the last two games, it's a good sign I think for Petey that management is serious about winning, making postseasons, and hopefully winning championships down the road. I'm not sure about the discounted part, but he'll get paid nevertheless. 

It's too bad it's become political (if true). I think John Shorthouse is so much better than what we had last night. 

Maybe discount isn’t the right word, just hopefully not take us to the cleaners and absolutely go for max dollar possible.  He is the type of player that could command it, it would be the difference in having a chance at a cup or not potentially.  I think he has character though and will leave a million or so on the table.  If he thinks he has a chance at a cup, if not then he will maximize.

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Was Shorty sick or out of town for the first Toylers game in Van? Hope it's not a contractual thing.

If he was ready to go, why couldn't he? The one and only downer from that fist blow-out game, was the

lack of home town play by play. No clue?

National feed vs regional. 

Shorty/Tom/Ferraro are regional. So they will do the next game. 

31 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

For the rest of the month we have 3 really tough tests.

Florida, Tampa and NYR.

But the team can't let up for one second even with Nashville, St. Louis, Philly.

Great work boys. The hard work is paying off. Slam that throttle forward.

If we can put ourselves in the driver’s seat to start the season instead of shooting ourselves in the foot it would be such a welcome change.

You know Tocchet won’t let up and our best players seem focused. So far so good but a loooong ways to go.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

We all know this.  It's inexplicable how the better play by play guy is still doing regional games.

I think that it's political.  Whatever, we'll keep Shorty to ourselves

it's almost certainly because he's doing his dream job and has no desire to go national. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, The Duke said:

That was part of my hot take - Myers not asked to be matchup + playing with some decent partners like Cole and maybe Soucy should add up to a decent year for the big guy.  

He’s always going to have his gaffes - and everyone will pile on after them and I’m not suggesting he’s worth 6 mil a year… BUT we saw how a true league minimum “replacement” level guy like Juulsen held up tonight and it wasn’t pretty.  Myers +1 and chipping in an assist in almost 20 min with some big plays is what you get from a solid 4-5 guy which is what he is.

Wouldn't mind seeing a little of this:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Cole

Hirose Myers (Myers allows Hirose to pass or exit defensive zone)

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, The Duke said:

That was part of my hot take - Myers not asked to be matchup + playing with some decent partners like Cole and maybe Soucy should add up to a decent year for the big guy.  

He’s always going to have his gaffes - and everyone will pile on after them and I’m not suggesting he’s worth 6 mil a year… BUT we saw how a true league minimum “replacement” level guy like Juulsen held up tonight and it wasn’t pretty.  Myers +1 and chipping in an assist in almost 20 min with some big plays is what you get from a solid 4-5 guy which is what he is.

Myers played 19 minutes last night.  He had been playing 22+ last year.  I've said for a while that if he's relied on less and played fewer minutes, there wouldn't be as many mistakes.

We all know that $6M is too much.  I'm over it.  It was one of Bennings many overpays.  In a year, it'll be off the books

• Cheers 3

21 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I feel like it’s just the media stirring up shit because Allvin has publicly said there’s no apprehension in committing and both sides are talking and waiting to see how things go.

Petey wants to max his value and pop off before his signs his extension - team wants to see if he’s worth the number his agent is likely sitting on. Mix in the need/want to move out certain contracts; they may want to move these first to have greater certainty over the next couple years when extensions come into place.

Fantastic summary 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1