[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

28 minutes ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a little of this:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Cole

Hirose Myers (Myers allows Hirose to pass or exit defensive zone)

Hirose - Myers has some potential in my eyes, especially as a 3rd pair.  They might need to break up Hronek and Hughes to keep everyone on their proper sides but I do know Cole-Soucy can play their off sides so could work!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jaimito said:

They weren't invisible...I saw them. 

If they keep playing like that, we'll never get anything for them.

BOGO anyone?  Extra Reward Points?

Beauvillier is just not effective and cannot stay in the crease area.

Garland has more going for him, but nothing is going to change the fact that he is pushed out of the way far too easily.

Something like Beau & Gnarly for another Lafferty-type would be nice.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Has Shorty said this?  Cheech used to do some national games

I've heard him say this is his dream job (though it kind of goes without saying anyway when you know the guy's story), but i have not heard him say he's turned down offers to go national. 

I would bet a lot of money that he hasn't been overlooked though. he's very well respected. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, tas said:

I've heard him say this is his dream job (though it kind of goes without saying anyway when you know the guy's story), but i have not heard him say he's turned down offers to go national. 

I would bet a lot of money that he hasn't been overlooked though. he's very well respected. 

Considering he got games in the playoffs in the first round last year. I'd say he's very well respected.

2 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

If they keep playing like that, we'll never get anything for them.

BOGO anyone?  Extra Reward Points?

Beauvillier is just not effective and cannot stay in the crease area.

Garland has more going for him, but nothing is going to change the fact that he is pushed out of the way far too easily.

Something like Beau & Gnarly for another Lafferty-type would be nice.

I'm no fan of AB, but I thought he was good in both games.  I want him to stand out so they can get something for him at the tdl.

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I pray to the hockey gods the Oilers unravel from this and have a terrible start! To loose the a "team like ours" twice! Bunch of bozos and whiners 

Didn't they start 1-4 last season?

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm no fan of AB, but I thought he was good in both games.  I want him to stand out so they can get something for him at the tdl.

He is the definition of a peripheral player and small to boot.

(Not to small to boot the F out of here!)

Edited by Goal_thecup
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Overall Hronek is solid. He does make some iffy choices, usually early in the game. But by the end of the first period he has more than made up for any gaffes. And he seems to get better as the game goes on.

I think he's been very solid and playing with Hughes isn't an easy assignment and he's going to take some time to get used to that.

So far, he's been well worth the price they paid

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On a side note,  is this bunch of gutsy hockey players really the same players, that has been so eager when the chips were down the last few seasons? 

Haven't been so proud of this team in ages... 

Too many outstanding performances to mention, but obviously DeSmith has to be named... Back up goalie? On that performance he could be starting goalie for half the teams in the NHL.

And the usual unsung heroes in the bottom 6... Just fantastic effort from everyone. Even if there was the odd gaffe, they didn't let they head down, but battled even harder. 

So damn proud of the boys today. Keep it up boys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

On a side note,  is this bunch of gutsy hockey players really the same players, that has been so eager when the chips were down the last few seasons? 

Haven't been so proud of this team in ages... 

Too many outstanding performances to mention, but obviously DeSmith has to be named... Back up goalie? On that performance he could be starting goalie for half the teams in the NHL.

And the usual unsung heroes in the bottom 6... Just fantastic effort from everyone. Even if there was the odd gaffe, they didn't let they head down, but battled even harder. 

So damn proud of the boys today. Keep it up boys.

That's just how bad Beaudreau was 

• Cheers 1

It was so fun reading Loiler fans cope with the loss last night. The majority of the comments were how “lucky” we were and how we played our “playoff game” 😂 when in fact they were ones that were lucky last night, but still choked.

- 7 PPs and a 5on3 in the 3rd with a chance to tie it up.

- playing against our backup.

- early flukey goal that shouldn’t have counted because Crysaitl pushed DeSmiths pads in.

- haven’t faced the Canuck at full strength (missing 3 regulars) 

they SHOULD have won that game, but not because they are better, but because the script couldn’t have been better for them.

McWhiner and Cry on for the entire 2mins of their PPs was hilarious and reeked of desperation. I think we’ve exposed that team 5on5, they can’t hang with our depth.

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Yeah, you know IC had input into the acquisition.

Soon we may be able to trade from a position of strength (G) for what we need instead of desperation.

I think it was Woodley on 650 that said that certain people he talked to around the league said that they thought that there was no way Demsith and Clark would work together.

His style was too different and he tends to like big goalies. At the end of the day he battles hard and doesn’t lose his crease. I’m sure Clark is a fan of that.

• Upvote 1