[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

4 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

We're underdogs... Not expected to do much.  Overlooked... Maybe for good reason... We've been a shit show for years.  But this team has all the pieces needed to make some noise and surprise.  With the current leadership, who have a track record of winning and knowing what it takes to win.  As Tocc says "we need to be okay with being uncomfortable..."  This will be a fun year me thinks!

Feels that way, but really it's just been two seasons.  

Just now, spook007 said:

I haven't had a chance to hear post game reaction, and m maybe giving too much credit to Petey, but even if he was gassed and just gave the pass to Stud, most players would have tried to score themselves gassed or not...

he said, I believe, that we was afraid he'd get stick-lifted by the chasing defenceman. 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

yeah, Juulsen makes us tougher to play against. He stood out in a good way once or twice last game, and it was obvious that Woodcroft would try to get his big guns out against our 3rd pair

For sure. Moving forward and considering the dead cap on the books, Canucks would do well to develop cheap, young, serviceable D like this.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Has Shorty said this?  Cheech used to do some national games

Shorthouse said he didn't want to go national, said it's his dream to stay regional? It's okay, i know he meant it. 

Calling it a dream is too strong, but it has always been my wish that Shorty and Cheech were better known across the continent--two intelligent, good natured souls with real chemistry and the right amount of chatter. We've been the fortunate ones. 

The American broadcasts seem to favour those witless rah-rah he's great, wasn't that great, wow types of colour guys that only add when they're muted. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PAVEL_BURE10 said:

Thoughts on this comment??

117249CA-710A-49EC-8542-26433986E9E7.png

Listening to post game and "Mike" the stat guy called.

According to him, last night was lucky win night.

Hosts tried shutting him down, funny when that happens.

sometimes they love his stats, but that seems to be, only when they agree with his stats.

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Win2024 said:

Nice to beat the coilers but Myers is still a traffic cone

Why? What egregious errors did he make tonight? I didn’t really notice any from him. I think he’s been pretty steady since not being asked to play 20+ minutes. Still not worth his cap hit, but I don’t begrudge him that

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It’s embarrassing how much TSN seem to slobber over the Laffs 

Well, you must understand that the Leafs managed to get past the

1st round in the p/os, only after 6 attempts prior to last season.

That surely means they will be winning the cup this year!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Agreed!!! Really builds up the confidence for the team to start the season when you beat a Stanley Cup "contender" 2 games in a row. 

I am not sure who can call Edmonton a contender.

Even an average stupid fan like myself understands that a ten can’t win the cup without defence and goaltending 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

I'm late to the party due to work, but just needed to vent this...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

McWhine you thought it was a bit odd they played a back up keeper... Now they played him the entire game an you still lost.... Go cry me a river... It been a long time since Karma has been as good as this... HAHAHAHA

Cracking Up Lol GIF by MOODMAN

That might be part of the reason Tocchet started him. If so, brilliant it was. 

• Cheers 1

Interesting game.

DeSmith stole this one for sure.

No matter what I post it is a win.

I enjoyed watching them win too.

But

There are still some areas of concern.

Can the Canucks keep scoring at a 25% shooting average?

Edmonton's PK was atrocious, I don't know what they are thinking with letting multiple Canucks stand around the net, maybe this is the new rules.

I don't see much of Nurse and he isn't really a subject in mainstream media but he certainly looks WAayy over rated to me, at least over paid.

Edmonton didn't look ready for this level of competition, not even close.

Hard work by the Canucks, lots of collapsing in and around the net.

If they can manage to get 20 points by December 1rst I think they have a better than 75% chance of making the playoffs.

The "core" players are maybe playing too much too early but then if they solidify a PO spot or are close they can always back off the ice time a bit.

Still concerned about injuries to one or to key personnel but not as much as before.

Good start to the season. 

• Upvote 1