[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

10 hours ago, Tusk said:

I think youre wrong to call out myers. Actually Heronick and even Hughes looked streached tonight and Myers and Cole looked amazing on the 5 on 3.

Not trying to call him out. Yes he had a good defensive game. But let’s hope he has 7/10 good games than his usual 3/10 

Now that the high of the win is off. Time to roast our 3rd pair. Juulsen was trying his hardest to go back to Abby, Hirose is decent but also probably should be in Abby. Our 3rd line got beat up a fair bit. Need size on that line. I know we're not 100%, but it also shows how our depth falls off after one or two injuries. But I am excited for getting Blueger and Mikheyev back up front and Soucy on the back end. But if we can move Garland for a RHD like being rumored, preferably one with size and can actually hang in the NHL. I'll feel more comfortable.

Edit: Said Soucy instead of Garland. I am stoop

Edited by JeremyCuddles
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

He's made a couple of mistakes, the goal and penalty last night, obviously, but I think he's been fine otherwise........the Oilers are a fast team and both ge and Hirose held their own in both games. 

He has been bad for 2 games in a row. We can’t afford to keep him in the lineup until we have secured a playoff spot. Juulsen needs to be sent down

9 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

If they called the penalty it took place a fraction of an instant before the goal so it could/would be a delayed call nullified by the goal. In a sense Nurse knew he had a free one and took it.

And if a player suffers injury, the offender would likely see a suspension and a fine. There's no way the league wouldn't review it with clear intent like that.

Only a matter of time before he hurts someone. Dirt bag Marchand type move.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

They played very good holding on to a 1 goal lead. 

Especially against a high powered team like the Oilers, it's an impressive task. 

If they keep playing like that late in games when leading this team will hold on to a lot of leads leading to wins. 

they didn't have the energy in the 2nd to produce much offence and fend off McBaby, and even then they found a way. 

I'm a little concerned Torts is going to try to beat us into submission on Tuesday, but thats another lesson for this group.

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Now that the high of the win is off. Time to roast our 3rd pair. Juulsen was trying his hardest to go back to Abby, Hirose is decent but also probably should be in Abby. Our 3rd line got beat up a fair bit. Need size on that line. I know we're not 100%, but it also shows how our depth falls off after one or two injuries. But I am excited for getting Blueger and Mikheyev back up front and Soucy on the back end. But if we can move Soucy for a RHD like being rumored, preferably one with size and can actually hang in the NHL. I'll feel more comfortable.

Ive never heard of this rumour to move the guy who hasn’t played a game for us yet.   
Sounds like BS. 
Where is it from?

10 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

He has been bad for 2 games in a row. We can’t afford to keep him in the lineup until we have secured a playoff spot. Juulsen needs to be sent down

No he hasn't.  H s made a few mistakes, but he's also made some good, solid plays too.  

Just the newest instances of the bloodlust amongst this fanbase

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Now that the high of the win is off. Time to roast our 3rd pair. Juulsen was trying his hardest to go back to Abby, Hirose is decent but also probably should be in Abby. Our 3rd line got beat up a fair bit. Need size on that line. I know we're not 100%, but it also shows how our depth falls off after one or two injuries. But I am excited for getting Blueger and Mikheyev back up front and Soucy on the back end. But if we can move Garland for a RHD like being rumored, preferably one with size and can actually hang in the NHL. I'll feel more comfortable.

3rd pair should be a couple of towering redwoods that can play D, like Soucy-Stanley or something like that 

Need size and strength that can also play a bit dirty in the playoffs when refs put the whistles away 

13 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Thank fuck shorty is back for the flyers game. No more tv on mute.

Gonna pay Harnaryan to show up in your living room and narrate the game live for you 

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Showing PDG some love here. Unsung hero on that line. Makes room for everyone.  Gets a lot of room in the crease and on the forecheck. Nobody had him in their opening night line ups.

The thing I like the most is he takes the forechecking pressure off Boeser. While I love that Boeser is a dog on the forecheck himself. He arguably has the second best shot on the team. Having a dedicated forechecker in PDG opens things for Boeser to play more to his style. All 3 dudes are threats on the forecheck and is why that line has consistently been our best imo.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

45 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I thought Wollanin might do a better job than either of those two.. but i guess coaches realize he is not physical enough for a shutdown role and we have a couple offensive dmen better than him already

16 hours ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

3rd pair should be a couple of towering redwoods that can play D, like Soucy-Stanley or something like that 

Need size and strength that can also play a bit dirty in the playoffs when refs put the whistles away 

Gonna pay Harnaryan to show up in your living room and narrate the game live for you 

He's probably a lovely guy but if he starts narrating then i'll remind him he's in America and the awkwardness will lead us to a pleasant goodbye.

IMG_2419.gif.923a59551a7cb5c562633cc14e3fbc63.gif

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
added gif for cultural stereotype context

1 hour ago, arsenalian said:

Why? What egregious errors did he make tonight? I didn’t really notice any from him. I think he’s been pretty steady since not being asked to play 20+ minutes. Still not worth his cap hit, but I don’t begrudge him that

OEL is gone. Myers is now the whipping boy. I know he's not great but come on they won last night. 

• ThereItIs 2