[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 4 Edmonton Oilers 3 - Final, Oct 14th

Roger Neilsons Towel

8 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Oilers’ nation agrees.

IMG_9717.jpeg

yeah that's just what Edmonton needs... another scoring forward...LOL

They'd be better off trading down to get an A prospect d man plus an extra pick. 

But don't tell them that !! Let them wallow in their own misguided stupidity. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

I hope you don’t think about the ”blame Gillis for ten years because he screwed the team”-spin?

PA has shown what can be done within two years and Benning isn’t worthy driving Allvins car.

I'd say the jury is still out on Allvin.......sone good moves, some bad ones.  

I couldn't stand Gillis, but he made some key moves, no question.  However, the mess he left behind was as bad as it's ever been in the history of the organization 

Edited by stawns

On 10/15/2023 at 7:12 AM, Joe King said:

Most of the Coiler goals are scored on their [Gifted by the officials] power plays. The opposing players aren't given a minus for that thankfully.

I’m getting a faint whiff of you thinking that maybe officials earn a minus for that. I can see that McDavid gets fouled a lot, but there are plenty of penalties called for legit crap against him. But I think him whining every time somebody comes near him is more than a little too much. I’m sure he does it because every now and then he gets a call that wasn’t a foul. What a crap way to behave.

39 minutes ago, Mordekai said:

If you are referring to Sarah Nurse the hockey player she is Darnell’s cousin 

his sister is Kia and plays professional basketball

And still a better hockey player than Darnell  😄

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Found an interesting chart on Reddit that I thought would be fun to share. Given some of us like charts.

According to this chart the Miller, PDG, and Boeser line was by FAR the worst like last night. Like, absolutely awful. Lol. I am not anti-analytics but I'll always be skeptical whenever I see any chart. Maybe I'm just old now. 

RDT_20231015_1750042914277842790574679.jpg

Grizzled old hockey players always said that stats are for losers.

I don't believe there is a magic formula for hockey, stats et al can obviously help, but of all the pro sports, perhaps pro hockey more than any other, comes down to the intangibles. 

Intangibles that great management and coaching instills, develops, and ultimately insists upon, like talent, character, teamwork, attitude, etc.

At some point, math hits real life, and real life is very messy and not all the colours are pretty shades of blue.

Anybody that thinks this chart even suggests that Miller's line was the worst line on the ice is a geek.

And hockey players know what happens to Geeks on The Ice:

Hockey-fail GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Grizzled old hockey players always said that stats are for losers.

I don't believe there is a magic formula for hockey, stats et al can obviously help, but of all the pro sports, perhaps pro hockey more than any other, comes down to the intangibles. 

Intangibles that great management and coaching instills, develops, and ultimately insists upon, like talent, character, teamwork, attitude, etc.

At some point, math hits real life, and real life is very messy and not all the colours are pretty shades of blue.

Anybody that thinks this chart even suggests that Miller's line was the worst line on the ice is a geek.

And hockey players know what happens to Geeks on The Ice:

Hockey-fail GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Not just old hockey players:

🤣

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

• Ribs unpinned and unfeatured this topic
15 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

For those who don't know, Moj is a broadcaster, since 1040 wrapped, he's doing Lions play by play, Gillis called him out on the air for taking a liberal amount of food from the press buffet.  He's an ex-football player.  

Moj is an ass-hat; full of himself (and shrimp apparently).

Listening to Moj on the radio is more boring than watching paint dry.

I've said this before but I still like it: Moj on the radio is like listening to paint dry.

i.e. Super Boring.

I can't stand that fat-headed, opinionated, bag of chewed shrimp.

And I do know "The Moj".

• Haha 1

Just now, Goal_thecup said:

Moj is an ass-hat; full of himself (and shrimp apparently).

Listening to Moj on the radio is more boring than watching paint dry.

I've said this before but I still like it: Moj on the radio is like listening to paint dry.

i.e. Super Boring.

I can't stand that fat-headed, opinionated, bag of chewed shrimp.

And I do know "The Moj".

Dinner Shrimp GIF by Outback Steakhouse