Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

Jess

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Boeser's pair of goals push him into 18th in all-time Canuck scoring.

17  Andre Boudrias LW 458 121 267 388
18  Brock Boeser RW 480 181 205 386
19  Alexandre Burrows RW 822 193 191 384

Boudrias's name keeps coming up in the record books. He did everything. Exciting player. Glad that BB started strong. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Boudrias's name keeps coming up in the record books. He did everything. Exciting player. Glad that BB started strong. 

I wasn't alive when he played, but seemed Boudrias was the Canucks first go to "points guy".  I've always had a soft spot for passers, probably would've liked him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I wasn't alive when he played, but seemed Boudrias was the Canucks first go to "points guy".  I've always had a soft spot for passers, probably would've liked him.

I remember almost being annoyed when I found out about him, because he's so often forgotten in Canucks history. The 70s weren't kind to the Canucks, but they still had some guys who were pretty solid players.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Jess said:

I remember almost being annoyed when I found out about him, because he's so often forgotten in Canucks history. The 70s weren't kind to the Canucks, but they still had some guys who were pretty solid players.

Canuck fans were living and dying on eevery game. TV broadcasts were not regular like today and I listened to Robson on the radio. The first couple of seasons weren't that bad. A nice mix of ability with a lot of vets. Hodge & Dunc Wilson in nets; Doak-Quinn-Wilkins-Tallon on defense; Boudrias-Schmautz-Rosie Paiment-Kurtenbach-Maki up front. It was a tough team and no one took liberties. 

I particularly liked Boudrias because I was an ex-Habs fan and Bouds came up thru their system. He scored a lot of breakaways. He was a smaller player and I was at Selkirk College and the team there had a small guy (LaLonde if memory serves) who had a cannon for a shot. He left the Saints team and went to the Trail Smokies. He and Ray Adounno(?) Great memories. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Brock's apple tonight slides him into 17th in all-time Canuck scoring

16  Brendan Morrison C 543 136 257 393
17  Brock Boeser RW 483 181 207 388
18  Andre Boudrias LW 458 121 267 388
  • Like 1