[Rumour] Zadorov linked to Van in offseason

RWJC

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

Calgary won two of its first four games before hitting its current skid and now sits sixth in the Pacific Division at 2-5-1. Its sputtering offense ranks 27th league-wide with 2.43 goals per game.

Sounds like they need some scoring help. Pelletier (small scoring winger) is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury. Kylington (LD) is out as well, with no timetable.

When Andersson is back from his 4 game suspension, they have Tanev (2024 UFA) on the 3rd pair at $4.5M, and just under $500k cap space with a 23 man roster. 

Garland (no retention) + Irwin  for Tanev.

Make It So Star Trek GIF

The easy route out is re-sign either Myers or Cole to a 1-2 year, 2M deal and plant them on the bottom pairing. Then sign Zadorov to a health Soucy-like 3 year, 4M deal and play him with Hughes or in our top-4 as a shutdown pairing.

We don't need too many roster moves this off-season but we'll have to shift our defence as they get a lot older and slower. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The easy route out is re-sign either Myers or Cole to a 1-2 year, 2M deal and plant them on the bottom pairing. Then sign Zadorov to a health Soucy-like 3 year, 4M deal and play him with Hughes or in our top-4 as a shutdown pairing.

We don't need too many roster moves this off-season but we'll have to shift our defence as they get a lot older and slower. 

I hate to be that guy but we're only 8 games into the season. We don't know what our situation's going to be like by the end of the season. I'm hopeful based on our start that we have a good season, but we really shouldn't get ahead of ourselves here.

Something around

Myers, McWard, and Garland

for

Tanev and Zodorov

Granted, we could wait until the offseason to try and sign T&Z, but getting them now for the price of McWard means more. Of course, this sort of thing is not my forte, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm just spitballin'.

On 10/30/2023 at 2:29 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Re-signing Myers is not an option. 2 good games in a row doesn’t erase 5 years of mediocrity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canuck73 said:

Sounds good.... tough russian dman but for all his bluster flaming his teammates... his stats are underwhelming... but I'm all for big and tough on our bottom 2 dmen

He makes too much to be a bottom pairing D imo, and odds are he'll want a raise 

I question whether he'd actually be a top four guy here, size and tenacity or not, I'd need someone to sell me on his actual metrics

Edited by Coconuts