[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

5 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Personally, I did not think I would like The Tocchet coached team.  But so far, this has been just what I wanted and just what these guys needed.  I really hope this is the way now.  

This is the way

4 hours ago, gwarrior said:

I don't care about the Phillies. Still a random ass start time.

Lol… it’s an entire 60 minutes different from most EST games.

Wouldn’t’Random ass time’ be more like 6:47 am or 8:23 pm? 🤔

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Personally, I did not think I would like The Tocchet coached team.  But so far, this has been just what I wanted and just what these guys needed.  I really hope this is the way now.  

Team's played well but I just can't ignore Tocchet's character issues.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Rick had fast hands in his day, not exactly KOing anyone but pretty fearless and determined. 
Much respect to him for walking the walk. That’s a team guy and we’re lucky to have him behind our bench. 

2:22 min. almost looks like a couple of head butts although it could be the camera angle. 

Yeah noticed that too...

i like he walked the walk before preaching to others, what he wants to see. 
Commitment, determination, aggression and in your face hockey.

Its good to see us show some emotion again, all be it in 2 games so far, but definitely like, what I'm seeing. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Joshua needs to lay a big hit on Konecny early in the game in case he tries to injure some of our skilled players again.

The guy's a total shit

Either that or Soucy if he plays tomorrow but with Lafferty, would drop the gloves in a heartbeat, he's not a formidable fighter BUT he's not afraid to go toe to toe with anyone and tough enough. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I like the Soucy with Juulsen pairing. - they'll take no guff from anyone. 

NJ's been about 50/50 in the "add value-detrimental" balance sheet.  He has played his best hockey with Brisebois as his partner, another defence-first player ... I think maybe he defers too much to an offensive partner like Hughes, Hirose or even Wolanin and tries these dangerous passes to them to start the breakout instead of chipping to a forward up the boards as a safer play.

Good presser from RT today - seems he's satisfied with the results so far but improvement needed in some areas like puck possession.  Really hope that they focus hard and be prepared for tomorrow's game as they have some even tougher opponents coming up later this week. With Carter Hart in net, at times he can be a difference maker in any game.

STAY OUT of the box, tighten up and compact the D and hopefully their forwards can chip in with a goal or two and we can move forward with a positive result tomorrow. 

Think it's gonna be a "grinding out" Tortorella style sort of game.

3 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Random thought.  Looking back the last few years it's laughable how many player we acquire get injured right away.  Is it supposed to be this common? Its like as soon as the ink is dry they get put on LTR.  Schaller, Dermott, Ferland, Poolman, Mikheyev, Soucy, Bluegar, and I'm sure there's many more.  And I don't know why it's like that.  

Dat’s hockey. 
Watching those Tochet fight vids and listening to the crowd going nuts reminded me of the “good old days”

IMG_9970.jpeg

IMG_9980.jpeg

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Oh boy am I the only one who uses dark theme?  Always have to highlight posts to read them.

Yeah rarely have to highlight posts though and if there essay length highlighted I just skip them lol

11 hours ago, spook007 said:

Good job spook007,  as soon as we got him, watched some of his old highlights, he was a great hockey player and arguably one of if not the best all-time as far as fighting and putting up points go.    His quality of competition, was unreal (the men he dropped his gloves with, a lot of them would have Reaves and Wilson shaking in their boots!).    Was excellent later in his career too, in PHX, one playoff he just kept scoring against NJ and Broduer at the peak of their powers.    

Foote was every bit as important to the AVs, as Lowe and Huddy were to the Oilers.    Gonchar was arguably the best offensive defenseman of his era.    We could do a lot worse as far as NHL experience goes.    Tochett and Berube are both current coaches that won't put up with lazy, and i'm sure in this age of youtube etc, that every player on the team has seen some of these.   His highlights are impressive, guy hit hard, played harder and had skills.     There isn't a player in the league today like him.   Shanny and Roberts were the last of them. 

Edit:  Wendel Clark, Probert (including two head butts), May x 2, Neely, Pushor and a bunch of other very tough players,  held his own or made mincemeat of.   At just over six feet and 200lbs, fighting some guys much larger, more then held his own.   Can see why he came in and felt our team wasn't in good physical shape. 

Gary Roberts played a similar game, made mincemeat of Ben Eager, that 230lb goon that beat up KB23 once and later went ballistic during our 2011 run.    At 41.   They simply don't make them like that anymore. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2