[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Soucy and Juulsen would be a nasty pair to deal with.

I think we only need one big hitting guy on a pair... otherwise there is no defense. Soucy needs a good defensemen (same as Juulsen) to pair with or we are easy prey. I think Herose would pair better with either one.

I think tonight Soucy and Juulsen would be great for Deslauriers line, maybe if we hit him enough he wont be injuring Petey or someone we need.

15 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Think he really said this, or are they just going for clicks...😉

it was reported repeatedly yesterday that he yelled it at practice after Mike Yeo had to get on some guys who weren't as invested as they should have been. 

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Why? Doesn't seem like an NHL roster player. 

did they give up any roster players?

that's why. 

rathbone needed a new start, wouldn't be shocked if his agent asked for one. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Oiler fans out here acting like Demkos even on the table for them 🤣

IMG_4778.jpeg

Hilarious. Can't blame them for dreaming because they know they're stuck. No cap space and neither of their goalies can stop a beach ball right now. 

Media and oils fans are all piling on the goaltending. Honestly though, I think if they are able to play some team defense it wouldn't be this bad. Their success hinges on McDraisatl outscoring opponents on PP, which isn't sustainable in playoffs especially when they face a 4-line team like Vegas.

I'm glad our team isn't structured this way. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Dumb start time, it’s going to be really hard difficult.

Free Grammar Policing provided by my dad (deceased).

Unless it is going to be really hard at that time, in which case TMI.

Apologies.  I'm all fucked up this morning; still haven't had my first coffee; vision still blurred.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Free Grammar Policing provided by my dad (deceased).

Unless it is going to be really hard at that time, in which case TMI.

Apologies.  I'm all fucked up this morning; still haven't had my first coffee; vision still blurred.

Not gonna lie, I get pretty excited when the Canucks play.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Hoping history left with past regime....

YES!

And all the old BS voodoo crap, bad luck, bad refereeing, league cabal mistreatment, media hatred, etc, with it.

With JR, can we hope we are closer to being in the Old Boys Club?

I think we can.

I think we can become the Cinderella Team of the NHL this year; then defending Champs thereafter.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Win this one for Rick "Walk It Like You" Tocchet!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Think he really said this, or are they just going for clicks...😉

No morning skate.  (situationally) 

I think RT is going to be a real players coach. 

He clearly defines what's expected of his players. He cuts things out like the morning skate if he sees its a waste of time for both the players and the staff. 

What he's teaching the team is to be efficient. When you're on the ice, give it your all and then get off the ice. No wasted breath or efforts. Loved that he can see the flaws from the last oilers game and he'll push the right buttons to get some players going. 

The canucks are learning to be a professional team. 

Practice hard, rest, and then show up for the games. 

Love it. 

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Dude, that's an amazing collection. I thought you were joking about all the gear you were wearing because who actually has all that stuff and wears it to work. Well, you do! It's awesome!

Well, I'm a dog walker/sitter so I can actually wear all that stuff. I also have a Demko new Skate jersey, Podz reverse Retro, Odjick First Nations, and the orange First Nations jersey. I really want the Year of the Tiger jersey

Edited by Bure10Kuzmenko96

35 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I think we only need one big hitting guy on a pair... otherwise there is no defense. Soucy needs a good defensemen (same as Juulsen) to pair with or we are easy prey. I think Herose would pair better with either one.

I think tonight Soucy and Juulsen would be great for Deslauriers line, maybe if we hit him enough he wont be injuring Petey or someone we need.

Soucy is a good dman

41 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Soucy is a reliable defenseman in his own end. A pairing of Soucy and Juulsen is not easy prey. If anything, Soucy will help to support Juulsen. 

The Friedman acquisition makes me think the Canucks might try running with Soucy-Friedman and leave Juulsen as the 8th D or waived to Abbotsford for depth. Friedman is physical but might be better with the puck than Juulsen.

Juulsen's generally been a good story since joining the Canucks but he does seem to have trouble processing and executing the game at the NHL level. Friedman-Soucy could give the Canucks a pretty physical D pair that can still move the puck.

If the Canucks are able to clear cap space and re-sign Bear, then that can push Friedman down to 8th D (which is perfectly fine since he's a 27-year old now, not a prospect). They'll be reasonably deeper on defense whether or not they are able to acquire a RHD in a trade for a forward.

Thomas Drance on 650 radio said: "Based on yesterday's skate and mobility, I hedge a guess Carson Soucy plays tonight".

Meaning Studnicka or Hirose would have to go down.

I'd imagine the Canucks won't want to go with only 6 healthy Dman on roster for the rest of the road trip.