[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

20 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Lol, Rutherford dealing with the Penguins yet again. Rathbone could be an absolute steal for the Pens.

His offense has NHL potential.  Drafting Hughes, cast a big shadow over Rathbone.  Just not good to have two undersized defencemen, unless both are way above average in all other categories.  Rathbone, defensively wasn't good enough to warrant a second small guy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Thomas Drance on 650 radio said: "Based on yesterday's skate and mobility, I hedge a guess Carson Soucy plays tonight".

Meaning Studnicka or Hirose would have to go down.

I'd imagine the Canucks won't want to go with only 6 healthy Dman on roster for the rest of the road trip.

I imagine Friedman joins them tomorrow and Hirose goes down.

2 hours ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Oiler fans out here acting like Demkos even on the table for them 🤣

IMG_4778.jpeg

Alviin answers the phone and after 5 minutes of laughing he gains his composure and says " If you really want Demko the STARTING price is 4 unprotected 1st round picks ++ " 

• Tank 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

His offense has NHL potential.  Drafting Hughes, cast a big shadow over Rathbone.  Just not good to have two undersized defencemen, unless both are way above average in all other categories.  Rathbone, defensively wasn't good enough to warrant a second small guy.

He's been given a shot/chance to 'take that next step' and hasn't.  It's not like some other former late round pick (cough-cough).  I wish him the best of luck (so as long as it isn't against the Canucks).

5 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

Eewwww, gross.

Character rubbing off on team is gross? What am I missing?

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Ok.   Took me a second.   Well whatever works! 

Wish I could say the same lol. So lost

5 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

Mikheyev had a set back I think, went back to non-contact jersey. 

Noooooo!!!

4 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

That's what I read but I believe he was back in a contact jersey yesterday? Correct me if I'm wrong

That’s what I thought too. A setback would seriously suck

3 hours ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Oiler fans out here acting like Demkos even on the table for them 🤣

IMG_4778.jpeg

Kane OR RNH? More like AND with some picks thrown in for good measure and that’s IF we even wanted their aging done-little / dysfunctional castoffs

Tuesday’s trade acquisition Mark Friedman will join the Vancouver Canucks on their upcoming road trip, Rick Dhaliwal of CHEK reports. His recall likely spells the end of 24-year-old Akito Hirose‘s time on the NHL roster, as he does not require waivers to return to AHL Abbotsford, and Vancouver is now carrying eight healthy defensemen on the roster with Carson Soucy now expected to make his season debut today against the Flyers. Friedman has appeared in two games thus far in 2023-24, both with the AHL’s Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, recording no points and a -1 rating.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023/10/pacific-notes-carrier-martinez-vlasic-carlsson-soucy-friedman.html#ref=home

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

Growing up during Tocchets era, I don't consider him a "fringe" HHOF player.  He was good (though a dbag), but his numbers are skewed by playing in a high offense era.

I would definitely consider him on the fringes of the HOF.  He is basically there in points and penalty minutes with Dale Hunter but also peaked higher as a player, is there in points with Neal Broten and Brian Propp but added his physicality to the mix.  I have him in with those guys and Dave Taylor, Rick Middleton, etc.  Won a Cup, got the Flyers to another final as a key player, peaked at 109 points, three seasons where he was voted top 5 in the NHL at his position (and his career featured a murderers' row of right wings like Brett Hull, Kurri, Neely etc.).

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I would definitely consider him on the fringes of the HOF.  He is basically there in points and penalty minutes with Dale Hunter but also peaked higher as a player, is there in points with Neal Broten and Brian Propp but added his physicality to the mix.  I have him in with those guys and Dave Taylor, Rick Middleton, etc.  Won a Cup, got the Flyers to another final as a key player, peaked at 109 points, three seasons where he was voted top 5 in the NHL at his position (and his career featured a murderers' row of right wings like Brett Hull, Kurri, Neely etc.).

Hold on, you are forgetting the next 4 stanley Cup he gonna win as coach of your vancouver canucks.... he is on his way

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Tuesday’s trade acquisition Mark Friedman will join the Vancouver Canucks on their upcoming road trip, Rick Dhaliwal of CHEK reports. His recall likely spells the end of 24-year-old Akito Hirose‘s time on the NHL roster, as he does not require waivers to return to AHL Abbotsford, and Vancouver is now carrying eight healthy defensemen on the roster with Carson Soucy now expected to make his season debut today against the Flyers. Friedman has appeared in two games thus far in 2023-24, both with the AHL’s Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, recording no points and a -1 rating.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023/10/pacific-notes-carrier-martinez-vlasic-carlsson-soucy-friedman.html#ref=home

Now that's good news! Nice to see the younger guys get reps in though

• Cheers 1